Sr Director Information Management
MoneyGram is an international, high-performance company, located in 200 countries and territories. We are committed to our employees. MoneyGram promotes an environment that is both challenging and rewarding for employees. We understand the importance of career development, and provide many opportunities to learn and grow. We take pride in upholding a culture strongly rooted in our corporate values, and committed to the communities around us.
Sr. Director, Information Management & Analytics
- The Sr. Director, Information Management & Analytics (IM&A) is responsible for defining, developing, and maintaining the strategy, policies, standards, and guidelines pertaining to the creation and management of an enterprise information management (EIM) program.
- The role is responsible for developing a strategy and framework to address advocacy, sponsorship, and continued assessment of the enterprise information management program, along with the development of all standards, guidelines and metrics to be used in the program.
- The role also serves as a liaison with IT and Business concerning all IM & analytics issues, and interacts with business and IT leadership to facilitate the assessment and continuous improvement of enterprise information management across the organization. This role is the central person for all IM&A-related activities.
- The Sr. Director, IM&A will also lead teams that are working on various functions of data and information management. Enterprise Information Management refers to the ability of an organization to precisely define, easily integrate and effectively retrieve data for both internal applications and external communication. It is focused on the creation of accurate, consistent and transparent data, governed by processes that are managed across the organization, where common data is used consistently, and where industry-standard practices are employed routinely.
- Manage the following operating functions: Data Governance, Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence, Data Integration, Metadata Management, Enterprise Content Mgmt, Data Quality, Data Storage and Operations, Data Security
- Build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of internal stakeholders in order to understand the current and future information and data needs as they relate to business goals and IT strategy
- Accountable to partner and deliver upon the Information Architecture strategy, vision and roadmaps for all IM&A functions through programs and projects
- Develops and enforces data governance policies, metrics, processes and best practices, actively participates in the Data Governance Council.
- Ensures the IM&A framework architecture, design and implementation meets organizational needs and is adapted to current conditions and industry best practices.
- Partners with other Directors for delivery of Data Management functions
- Supports development of IM&A components
- Manages participation in projects to ensure compliance regarding EIM standards, policies and guidelines
- Oversee audit of project level deliverables to ensure that practices and standards are met
- Manages adherence to IM&A policies to ensure that all aspects are measured for mission-critical data. Develops and enforces methods and validation mechanisms for ensuring adherence to standards in conjunction with project and component teams
- Accountable for the overall enterprise information management effectiveness, including performance metrics, benchmarks, and resource management.
- Develops communication and change management approach to ensure awareness and realization of EIM
- Mentors, trains and develops less experienced staff and project/business personnel who need to understand EIM concepts and processes.
- Develops appropriate skills for stakeholders and manages continuing capabilities of new EIM staff.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong communication and discussion skills
- Strong relationship and project management skills
- Ability to contribute to the growth of the resource pool
- Strong writing skills
- At least 10 years of experience in a combination of data management roles with at least 5 years in a leadership function.
- Experience with implementing enterprise data management in a business environment in a leadership role
- Experience with several EIM components, including BI, analytics, visualization, data warehouse, data integration, master data management, big data, data quality and metadata management in conjunction with data governance
Not ready to apply
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.