Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable.
Residential Security Sales Representative Job
Time Warner Cable Mid-Ohio Region Sales Department currently seeks a Home Security Sales Representative.
Position location: Columbus Ohio,Marysville, Delaware,Dublin,Gahanna
Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Intelligent Home is Time Warner Cable's new home security and management system that puts our customers in control of their home no matter where they are. From a smartphone, laptop or in-home touchscreen you can arm or disarm your Intelligent Home system, view live video from in-home cameras or even set your lights and thermostat to be just the way you like it when you arrive home.
The purpose of this position is to explain and sell IntelligentHome and cable services to customers in a manner consistent with Time Warner Cable policies, procedures, quality, standards, customer needs and applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Positions work from lead sheets and/or a sales force automation device to call on homes and increase service penetration in assigned areas.
Management reserves the right to add, change or revise this job description at any time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Make door-to-door cable sales presentations in order to sell IH and cable services to potential and existing customers in assigned territory.
- Attend events as needed to promote and sell IH and cable services.
- Recommend security system designs tailored to each residential customer's needs
- Promote the value of TWC services effectively, and sell based on customer profiles as well as full consideration of all options available.
- Present information regarding products, services, rates, installation fees, campaign requirements, and special offers in a clear, concise, accurate, and professional manner.
- Promote a positive company image at all times and provide excellent customer service.
- Meet productivity standards set by the department.
- Provide quality customer relations and meet all other performance standards.
- Turn in all sales including required documentation and monies collected in a timely manner in accordance w/ department policies.
- Keep accurate records, report sales activity and results accurately, and notify supervisor or designee of all problems/difficulties as they occur.
- Follow up on all leads, inquiries, complaints, and other messages in a timely manner.
- Keep appointments with customers
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required.
- Must pass applicable background check in accordance w/ state regulations for selling home security.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- One year of proven commissioned sales experience; or 2 years of college; or equivalent combination of sales exp. and college education required.
- Requires basic math skills.
- Must be capable of working in all weather conditions and have flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends.
Travel requirements and frequency:
Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation that will accommodate basic equipment to travel to assigned territories within the system footprint - Daily.
Legal or Financial Responsibilities:
Requires adherence to Time Warner Standards of Business Conduct.
Maintains the confidentiality of customer and business data at all times.
FCC Unit_TWC: 0534
Controlling Establishment ID: 00731 - Columbus Dublin Rd
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.