Human Resources Manager Job
Human Resources Manager
Location: US-IL-Oak Brook Terrace
Firm Services: Internal-facing Services - Human Resources
Type: Regular Full-Time
More information about this opportunity:
Crowe Horwath LLP (www.crowehorwath.com) is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. Under its core purpose of “Building Value with Values,” Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. With a total of more than 3,000 personnel, Crowe and its subsidiaries have offices coast to coast. The firm is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Horwath International, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world, consisting of more than 150 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 100 countries around the world.
This HR Manager position will support key HR Services functions by managing and or supporting firm wide activities and/or programs in the following areas: legal, staff activities, policy and procedures and compliance.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
Leave of Absence:
Manage the administration of FMLA/STD/LOA, including all confirmation and communication with staff and managers on processes and procedures, including:
• Consults with employee and BU management through the process, keeps BU’s updated on leave status and estimated return dates, ensures LOA information is entered into the appropriate systems;
• Knowledgeable of and ensures compliance with all governmental regulations related to leave of absence (FMLA, ADA, etc. and all associated amendments.
Flexible Work Arrangement Program (FWA):
Manage and support the administration of firm’s flexible work arrangements including all confirmation and communication with staff, people operations leads and business leaders on processes and procedures, including: • Consults with employee and BU management through the process, keeps BU’s updated
• Knowledgeable of and ensures arrangements are properly analyzed, documented and managed.
• Manage the FWA data base activity as necessary, providing reports on a scheduled basis.
• Assist in Benefit Administration activities including day to day questions form benefits box, compliance or exception issues, employee education or assistance and carrier feeds.
• Assist in Open Enrollment Process. May provide services to ensure benefits enrollments are accurately communicated, captures and updates in the systems.
Track and process employee retiree benefits:
• Coordinate the administration of retiree benefits. Work closely with retiree to manage the process and to ensure smooth transition and provide ongoing assistance as required.
• Coordinate and file Worker’s Compensation claims and complete annual surveys and compliance reporting as requires/requested.
• Serve as advisor and key contact with the People Operations Leads related to BU staff activity and employee relations issues.
• Actively involved in sensitive and /or high risk employee relations situations.
Miscellaneous Program Management: (as needed)
• Assist with Merger and Acquisition related activities.
• Manage the maintenance of the Reward and Recognition tool-kit; ensure R&R materials are at appropriate inventory levels in all office locations; tracking program usage; track R&R related expenses across the firm. • Miscellaneous requests for verification of employment.
• Participate on adhoc committees and HR or cross functional special projects as needed.
• Assists in Annual People Processes including communications, planning systems support and cognos reports.
• Manage the annual review of program guidelines and benefit enhancements.
• Manage quarterly eligibility rosters and prize drawings.
• Respond to daily questions from Road Warriors, Financial Services or BU’s related to Road Warrior benefits or expenses, gathering feedback from Road Warriors or competitor related to the program.
Overnight Travel Rewards:
• Processing travel required payments, responding to questions to ensure rewards are paid according to the firm's program.
Skill Sets Required:
• Minimum of five – seven years of exempt level experience in Human Resources.
• PHR/SPHR preferred
• Professionalism: requires diplomacy, confidentiality, and confidence in dealing with sensitive information.
• High level of organizational skills, including great attention to detail and accuracy.
• Self-confident: must be able to work and communicate with varying levels of clients (staff through partner).
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong leadership skills, as well as being a “team player” and flexible.
• Strong organizational, time management and logical thinking skills.
• Strong judgment and analytical skills.
• Accepts and manages ambiguity/complexity and supports others in dealing effectively with change
• Strong cooperation between teams and cross functional areas;
• Conflict resolution
• High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal accuracy
• Proficient in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field (ideally with Human Resource concentration) OR equivalent progressive experience in field of expertise.
- Minimum of five – seven years of exempt level experience in Human Resources.
- PHR/SPHR preferred
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
|Company: ||Crowe Horwath LLP
|Base Pay: ||N/A
|Other Pay: ||N/A
|Employee Type: ||Full-Time
|Industry: ||Accounting - Finance
|Manages Others: ||Not Specified
|Job Type: ||Human Resources
|Required Education: ||4 Year Degree
|Required Experience: ||Not Specified
|Required Travel: ||Not Specified
|Relocation Covered: ||Not Specified
|Reference ID: ||8973
|Location: ||Oak Brook Terrace