| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
RF System Performance Engineer III
|Job Reference Number
The primary purpose of the Systems Performance Engineer person is to coordinate RF performance activities for the VZW network. A primary geographic area of responsibility will be assigned with secondary geographic areas to be determined as needed.
- Monitoring and analysis of system/site/sector statistics, diagnostic monitor outputs, customer trouble tickets, employee trouble tickets and information from other departments as well as support in-building and special events coverage
- Detection and correction of performance problems
- Adjustment and documentation of RF parameter settings, completion and analysis of drive tests
- Verification of new software loads and other network reconfigurations and upgrades as well as the specification and acceptance of antenna, cell site, and DAS modifications / additions / deletions.
- The Performance Engineer also serves as the subject matter expert to the RF Director/Manager for the designated zone.
- Monitor and meet System Performance goals including Ineffective Attempts (IA) and Lost Calls (LC) in voice networks, Failed Connection Attempts (FCA) and Dropped Connections (DC) in EVDO, and RRC Set-Up Failures and Bearer Drops in LTE networks.
- Optimization and project management of problem areas in order to improve performance and/or capacity through the use of field changeable parameters or base station reconfiguration including Antenna replacement, down tilt, azimuth and height, Handoff parameters, Neighbor lists, Base station transmit power, Relocation of sectors or sites, Addition or deletion of sites, and Documentation of all changes
- Perform all RF Performance activities required to support the network build program (new cells, EVDO, CDMA and LTE carrier additions etc.).
- Analyze internal VZW baseline, Nielsen, Root Metrics results and implement solutions for improving those results.
- Monitor network performance (using SMS alerts, Real Time Tools, stats reports) and respond to system problems. Implement corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Support the team to respond to interference cases including performing measurements and tests to verify or dispute the interference case and resolve the interference case or find interference
- Conduct drive testing, analyze drive data results and monitor stats for new site integration, system optimization, and activation.
- Coordinate with RF Engineering in designing and deploying channel elements and carrier additions to prevent system blocking and support network growth. Support adding network equipment and performance monitoring for special events.
- Work closely with Operations Group, Vendor, and Design Engineers to troubleshoot network and hardware issues.
Interface with project manager, real estate, construction, switch/field operations, engineering, sales, marketing, finance and legal to assure that Verizon Wireless’s network quality and financial objectives are met.
- BS in Electrical/ Computer Engineering with specialization in RF, Communications Systems or related experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Knowledge of LTE and CDMA technologies including LTE call flow.
- Familiarity with Alcatel Lucent and Ericsson infrastructure.
- Understanding of call processing (originations, handoffs) and data networking (switching/routing, TCP/IP).
- Antenna design and propagation knowledge.
- Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques.
- Familiarity with RF data collection/analysis tools and RF test equipment (e.g. DataPro, Actix, frequency scanners, spectrum analyzers).
- Computer programming knowledge & skills.
- Flexibility in work schedule (some nights and weekends required).
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
Required - driver’s license and good driving record as the position will require the use of a company vehicle.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Report this job
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.