Advantage Sales and Marketing (ASM)
Report this job
|Retail Project Merchandiser
|Advantage Sales & Marketing
Relevant Work Experience:
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is a consumer packaged goods sales and marketing agency committed to building brand value for our clients and customers.
ASM's customized sales and marketing solutions include headquarter sales, retail merchandising and marketing services, specializing in client and customer events, publications and assisted-selling services for the grocery, drugstore, club, convenience, natural/specialty, sporting goods, consumer electronics and home center channels.
Report this job
Are you flexible, outgoing and organized? Then, the retail project merchandiser may be a great fit for you. Advantage Sales & Marketing is looking for friendly, self-motivated individuals like you for our Retail Project Merchandiser positions.
Retail Project Merchandisers are responsible for executing merchandising projects to display products at a variety of different retail accounts within an assigned territory.
Retail Project Merchandisers Responsibilities
- Contribute to the achievement of business objectives through placement of new items at all assigned stores.
- Work to meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs and ensuring signage is in place.
- Reset Activity and Schematics Completion: Must be able to maintain schematic standards by ensuring all authorized items are in distribution and set to shelf standards.
- Must be able to maintain schematic integrity through consistent communication with Retail Supervisor and other retail personnel.
- POS Placement: Hang shelf signs, place coupons on product, etc. as directed by client.
- Display Building: Assemble various displays for item promotion as directed by client.
- Reporting Administration: Will report into ASM’s web application each day’s activities and the work performed.
Retail Project Merchandisers Qualifications
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent job-related experience.
- Previous merchandising experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally to ASM management and externally with Customers who will verify work is completed correctly Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to prioritize effectively, work independently or as part of a project team to complete multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to read and understand printed instructions.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to access internet and use company software consistent with job duties.
- Driving is an essential duty and function of this job and requires the use of personal vehicle.
- Must maintain current and valid driver’s license and valid proof of current insurance.
- Travel required on an as-needed basis.
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
ResponsibilitiesAdvantage Sales and Marketing, LLC (ASM) is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. ASM services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today. Position Summary
The Retail Project Merchandiser is responsible for calling in for project work for merchandising products at retail accounts within an assigned territory. Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities New Items
- Will work on the achievement of business objectives through placement of new items at all assigned stores
Reset Activity and Schematics Completion
- Will work to meet Client and Company objectives by maintaining full distribution on existing SKUs and ensuring signage are in place
- Must be able to maintain schematic standards by ensuring all authorized items are in distribution and set to shelf standards
- Must be able to maintain schematic integrity through consistent communication with Retail Supervisor and other retail personnel
- Hang shelf signs, place coupons on product, etc. as directed by client
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both internally to ASM management and externally with Customers who will verify work is completed correctly
- Assemble cardboard displays for promotion of an item as directed by client
- Will report daily into ASM’s web application each day’s activities and the work performed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports Travel and/or Driving Requirements
- Travel is not an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is an essential duty or function of this job.
Report this job
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job
Education Level: (Required):
High School Diploma or GED o
r equivalent experience (Preferred):
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Merchandising
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Previous merchandising experience a plus
Environmental & Physical Requirements Office / Sedentary Requirements
- Analytical and research Skills
- Strong written communication and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter according to changes in projects or business environment
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Basic computer skills including familiarity with Word, Excel, and Internet usage
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Typically requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time (66%+ each day), ability to hear the telephone, ability to enter data on a computer and may also require the ability to lift up to 10 pounds. A detailed Environmental and Physical Requirements document is available in the Total Rewards department. Additional Information Regarding ASM Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. ASM reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
DisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
Are you passionate about Service Excellence, Results, Integrity, Entrepreneurial Focus and Leadership: These are our values at Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC. Come learn why “Winning Together” is more than just words on a piece of paper. It is the vision by which we live our mission as an organization: 'To create outstanding value for clients and customers through superior sales execution, operational excellence and innovative marketing services.'
Advantage Sales & Marketing, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, ASM shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.