Vice President-Member Care
Golden 1 Credit Union, California’s leading Credit Union, is seeking a Vice President - Member Care to lead its Lending Department located at Headquarters in Sacramento, Calif. The Vice President of Member Care is responsible for all aspects of Collections and loan reporting functions as well as the management, mentoring and developing of staff engaged in all aspects of functional responsibility if order to mitigate losses, maximize member experience and increase employee engagement.
Duties include but are not limited to directing the training, development, and evaluation of the Member Care Manager. Develop, analyze, project, recommend, and upon approval, manage the department budget. Review and approve accounts recommended for litigation by staff to ensure all other practical remedies have been exhausted and it is cost beneficial to pursue litigations. Review, analyze, and implement department policy to ensure sound collection practice and adherence to all credit union, NCUA, state and federal laws and regulations, including BSA, FCRA, USA Patriot Act, etc.
Salary is DOE.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on business, accounting or economics
- Minimum ten years of progressively responsible management or supervisory experience within a financial institution overseeing collections, loss mitigation and/or servicing for auto, unsecured and real estate secured products, including a minimum five years as a member
- Conversant with collection rules, regulations, and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Strong leadership, project and resource management skills
- Sound knowledge of the methods and principles of business administration
- Experience with financial accounting and departmental budgets
The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screening.
Golden 1 Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
The Golden 1 Credit Union is California's leading financial cooperative, and the sixth largest credit union in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in assets and nearly 600,000 members. We have more than 80 branches, 270 ATMs and 30,000 network ATMs nationwide. Our non-cash offices are conveniently located within places of business you may already visit.
Founded by a group of California state employees in 1933, Golden 1 is a membership financial cooperative which is owned by its members. In keeping with the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," Golden 1 offers our members a wide range of low-cost consumer financial products and high-quality service.
We deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional service.
A dynamic and trusted leader committed to enhancing the financial well-being of our members and diverse communities.