TMX Finance is one of the largest, fastest growing and most profitable consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. Our family of brands includes TitleMax, TitleBucks, TMX Credit and InstaLoan. Headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, TMX Finance has over 1200 stores in 14 states and has aggressive growth plans to double in size over the next five years. The rapid growth of the company has created a wealth of career opportunities at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you've come to the right place.
Compliance & Regulatory Counsel located in Savannah, GA
Compliance & Regulatory Counsel
The TMX Finance family of companies (“TMX Finance') is one of the largest and fastest growing consumer specialty finance organizations in the United States. With brands that include TitleMax, TitleBucks, InstaLoan, EquityAuto Loan, TMX Credit, and AutoCash, TMX Finance provides a diversified product offering. These brands are represented nationwide and TMX Finance has aggressive plans to double in size over the next three years. The rapid growth of TMX Finance has created a wealth of career opportunities in both our stores and at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you’ve come to the right place.
TMX Finance is currently hiring a Compliance & Regulatory Counsel to join our Corporate Legal team in Savannah, Georgia. The Compliance & Regulatory Counsel will collaborate with TMX's team of attorneys, providing legal and regulatory advice regarding US federal consumer finance law, policy interpretation, audit and monitoring of operational matters for an international consumer finance corporation.
Job Description and Essential Functions
- Monitor legal developments in the consumer credit industry, advise on pre-litigation issues, perform legal reviews of federal lending and consumer financial protection laws, and partner with government agencies, especially the CFPB
- Partner with Compliance Department to implement and monitor compliance management system
- Collaborate with Compliance Department to oversee state regulatory compliance, review and follow-up with state audits, and maintain files of all regulatory communication
- Collaborate with training employees to prepare and conduct appropriate compliance materials and training of staff in all areas and all business units
- Assist compliance personnel in the preparation and presentation of business unit risk assessments to executive leadership
- Assist compliance personnel with internal audits on selected policies and procedures; present findings and follow-up to Chief Legal Officer, General Counsel, Director of Compliance and other appropriate management employees, ensuring appropriate remedial action
- Partner with third-party service vendors, outside auditors, outside counsel and regulatory examiners, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with Information Technoglogy department to assess and audit security policies and procedures regarding data, privacy, physical security, and the preparation and administration of vendor management policies and procedures
- Serve as Security Officer for physical security purposes
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Juris doctor from an ABA accredited law school with strong academic credentials
- 2-4 years experience as a practicing attorney or an in-house counsel role in state and federal law and compliance
- Admittance to the bar by the highest court in any state
- Expertise and experience related to traditional federal and state laws, preferably related to consumer lending and finance
- Keen attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Objectivity and superior organizational and analytical skills
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please be advised that only those candidates that we are interested in pursuing for an interview will be contacted.
All TMX Finance entities are Equal Opportunity Employers.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.