The Service Manager is responsible for maintaining a positive customer experience by ensuring safe and quality food is prepared and served; and that the restaurant crew is well trained and provides good customer service. He/she maintains a clean, organized line with properly functioning line equipment. The responsibilities of this position require Service Managers to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break. If they are not busy, they are expected to evaluate what other tasks need to be completed, and assist others with those tasks.
In addition to following Chipotle’s policies and procedures, principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Making sure great tasting, high quality food is served. Resolving food quality issues. Managing food safety which includes the following: ensuring hand washing and glove changes, monitoring time and temperature on the line, monitoring secondary shelf lives, and enforcing the Daily Food Safety Checklist and food safety policies and procedures.
Resolving customer incidents and working to ensure positive customer experiences.
Managing crew breaks, shift changes, shift meetings, and line schedules. Developing and cross-training all front of house Crew. Assisting with Crew performance reviews and the resolution of performance issues. Training and developing future Service Managers.
Assisting with miscellaneous office administration duties such as: banking, cash handling policies and responsibilities, and office paperwork. Overseeing office equipment and making sure office supplies are ordered as necessary. Ensuring the proper quantity of supplies are available as needed. Troubleshooting back of house computers and POS system.
Ensuring the line and reach-in cooler are organized and clean. Managing daily and weekly cleaning of the line, dining room, restrooms, and patio. Assisting with the execution of marketing promotions.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have Chipotle Crew member and/or Kitchen Manager experience
• Be able to understand and articulate Chipotle’s Food With Integrity philosophy
• Have knowledge and experience of cash handling policies and procedures
• Have knowledge of Food Safety and health department matters
• Have managed office paperwork management before
• Have the knowledge and ability to speak, write, read, and understand the primary language(s) of the work location
• Have a high school diploma
• Have restaurant experience