Brooksource is looking to hire a Desktop Technician to work with one of our clients in the Baltimore, MD area. This is a 6 month contract opportunity working full-time, regular hours on a weekly basis. As a Desktop Technician, you will convert paper inventory maps into functional Visio maps. This is a great chance for you to join an extremely fast-paced, enterprise-level environment within a rapidly growing organization!
• As a Desktop Technician, you’ll be leading the successful hands on migration of device & workstation data from paper maps to Visio
• Be a Visio mapping subject matter expert per team
• Clear communication of migration status, issues, risks, and effort
• Troubleshooting issues during migration
• Responsible for data model and data uploads
• Identifying and document all business, technical, product, and process requirements.
• This is a Monday-Friday, 8AM-4PM schedule with no chance of working remotely
• Business casual environment
• Free parking lot right in front of their building
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH BROOKSOURCE:
• Previous experience working with this client and placing both permanent employees and contractors.
• Direct communication with the hiring manager, which allows us to have a clear understanding of the timeline and move candidates through the interview process faster.
• Dedication to keep an open line of communication and provide full transparency.
• This positions requires an IT Professional with 5+ years of Field Service experience within an enterprise-level environment
• Hands on Data Migration experience
• Experience analyzing datasets for mapping and database import
• Strong communication and documentation skills
• Understanding of end user business requirements
• Proficient with modeling and mapping tools (eg. Visio)
• You must have at least a high school diploma. Associates and Bachelors would be a huge plus.
• Certifications: A+, Security+, or equivalent experience
• There is no remote work offered, so you must be able to successfully commute to and wihtin Baltimore on a daily basis.
Brooksource is an IT Services Company, specializing in the recruitment and placement of high level IT professionals. We offer competitive compensation, paid holidays, 401k, health benefits, flexible work schedules and just about anything a top tier candidate would demand. Our diverse client base covers all industries and provides us the opportunity to place you, the candidate, in positions that span the entire IT spectrum. Our personal touch and the ability to customize the placement to your interests, is what sets us apart. Our goal is to continue providing the tools and opportunity to help our people grow, while building lasting relationships with our consultants to stay in tune with their career aspirations; thus providing our clients with the best possible candidates from a personal and technical perspective. We believe this creates the basis for a lasting partnership between our business and employees, thus an excellent place to work.
Our application and interview process is based on the candidate experience: simple, less time consuming, and focused on your interests. Please apply thru this job posting, visit our website www.brooksource.com, or call into our offices to learn more about available positions.
See all jobs at this company.