Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
Responsible for fostering a fun environment
Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
During running of each race and qualifier must accurately note and record positions and lengths behind of every horse at specific points of call
- All racing related information must be input accurately into the United States Trotting Association eTrack computer system
- Information must be accurate and double checked. Copies of information must be distributed in timely manner to United States Trotting Association and Ohio Racing Commission officials
- Responsible for recording for official purposes all changes, updates and corrections for ownership of racehorses, stables and partnerships racing at Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway
- Assist with duties in Racing Office including acceptance of entries and in creation, proofing and approval of daily past performance program
- Must be familiar with rules and regulations of the Ohio Racing Commission Rules of Racing and The United States Trotting Association
- Must be available for liveand qualifying races.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
Must enjoy hosting others
Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to obtain Charters license from United State Trotting Association.
- Must be licensed by Ohio Racing Commission.
- Must be knowledgeable of the Ohio Racing Commission Rules of Racing.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Penn National Gaming owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-nine facilities in nineteen jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 36,800 gaming machines, 850 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 1.6 million square feet of gaming floor space.