The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 844 895-8598 or click here for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located in the Job Overview section of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Review your equal opportunity protections.
||$14.00 - $16.00 /Hour
||$14 - $16 / Hour
||Other Great Industries
||Overland Park, KS 66201
Job Classification: Contract
Aerotek is currently looking for multiple FMLA specialists for a one month project in the Overland Park, KS area.
Assist in a variety of centralized HR processes. Performs a wide range of HR duties that could include but not limited to unemployment claims, fair employment, affirmative action planning, EEOC compliance, FMLA and leave management). Serve as the first point of contact for employees, vendors, and health care providers. Assure adherence to external laws and regulations.
1. Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and related laws in all 50 states to efficiently administer our FMLA and related policies.
2. Establish and maintain strong relationships with HR staff and field operations support staff.
3. Process certifications for leave correctly and in accordance with regulations and policies.
4. Prioritize and organize daily responsibilities in order to meet all deadlines.
5. Review medical certification supplied by the health care provider and determine if condition is valid under the Family Medical Leave Act.
6. Determine the duration associated with the leave based on the information given by the health care provider.
7. Communicate approvals, denials, leave extensions, re-certifications, return to work plans and other important information regarding the leave to the employee.
8. Manage leaves that are concurrent with Short Term Disability and Workers' Compensation.
9. Manage intermittent, continuous and client specific leaves of absences.
10. Assist in the review of unemployment claims processing and work with vendor and field operations in a timely manner to reduce the rate of lost decisions and unfavorable claims.
11. Assist in compiling data and materials for audits and reports that may be requested by the EEOC or DOL.
12. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelors Degree Required
2. Knowledge of FMLA and related laws
3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office , including ability to type with speed and accuracy
4. Demonstrated organizational skills including ability to prioritize work load with minimal supervision
5. Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills displaying positive customer service characteristics and good working relationships in a team environment
6. Experience in providing outstanding internal and external customer service
7. Ability to handle confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion
8. Demonstrated attention to detail
9. Demonstrated organizational skills including ability to prioritize work load with minimal supervision
10. Ability to work with people at all levels of the organization
11. Strong decision-making ability with excellent customer focus
12. Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced/high volume environment. Excellent time management skills.
Join Aerotek Professional Services®. Our customized employment solutions and personalized approach give job seekers access to great opportunities with competitive salaries. Aerotek offers comprehensive benefits that can include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401k. Don't put your career in the hands of just anyone; put it in the hands of a specialist. Launch or rejuvenate your career today with Aerotek Professional Services! Allegis Group and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and will consider all applications without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Why Work for Aerotek?
As a leader in recruiting and staffing, Aerotek Inc. offers great job opportunities in the areas you want to work:
- Office & Clerical
- Skilled Trades
Take advantage of these Aerotek benefits:
Aerotek’s recruiters work with you to understand your talents, job criteria and career goals to find you the perfect job.
Aerotek offers contract, contract-to-hire and permanent positions to find the work style that suits you best.
Access to Great Companies
Aerotek’s job placement services are completely free and give you the inside track to opportunities at industry-leading companies.
Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With nearly three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry,
we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver the perfect fit between a candidate and an employer.
For more information about Aerotek, visit www.aerotek.com.
Learn More about Aerotek
Visit Our Website