Company & Business Area Description
Senior Engineer (Energy Efficiency Programs)
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Sustainable Use group is seeking an Senior Engineer to join our energy efficiency team. The successful candidate will manage and support program planning and implementation services for commercial energy efficiency programs. This will include technical review and on-site inspection of energy savings for a wide range of energy efficiency projects. This position is based out of our Albuquerque, NM office. Please note this is a temporary position with the possibility of transitioning into a permanent position.
Tasks May Include
- Review and verify energy savings calculations and guide other staff in the best practices for various energy savings technologies including lighting, HVAC, fans, pumps, air compression and industrial process use
- Consult with facility managers on energy efficiency options
- Identify opportunities for energy savings and demand reduction
- Complete technical and financial analyses
- Prepare reports in accordance with client standards
- Perform site-specific engineering analysis and evaluation of energy efficiency projects and programs involving industrial process equipment, such as pumps, fans and compressed air systems, complex central plant systems and advanced HVAC equipment
- Perform building energy use assessments and building simulations using software packages such as eQuest, DOE2.2, EnergyPro, etc
- Bachelors’ degree in engineering (or equivalent experience)
- 10 years minimum experience in energy engineering; Demand Side Management (DSM) ideal
- PE license is required
- CEM certification is preferred
- Experience with end-use metering instrumentation is extremely desirable
- Ability to work within the team in a positive and collaborative manner
- Willingness and ability to travel as required- approximately 15% of the year
- Must be able to perform certain physical tasks as required, including climbing ladders and spending time on rooftops
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills are essential
- Willingness and ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
Local employment conditions apply.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
||4 Year Degree
||At least 10 year(s)
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID: