Plant Safety & Health Manager
Company: Global Publicly Traded Specialty Chemical Company
Position: Plant Safety & Health Manager
Reports To: Facility General Manager
Location: Lafayette, LA (Area)
Compensation: Base Salary & Bonus Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
Summary Plant Safety & Health Manager:
- Provides leadership to the plant in the Safety and Health specialty.
- Facilitates the development and implementation of cost-effective programs and procedures that continuously increase overall awareness in safety and health to eliminate undesired incidents at the site.
- Works with local management team to assure local compliance with all applicable plant, company and governmental policies, procedures, regulations, and legislation.
- Provides support to the Plant Management Team and Regional / Corporate SH&E to ensure facility safety and health concerns are identified and managed.
- Lead and facilitate the development and implementation of safety and health training and other programs and activities necessary to ensure facility safety and health compliance.
- Monitor proposed and existing safety and health regulations and legislation to determine their impact on operations.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure continued compliance.
- Participate in the development and implementation of Long Range Plans (LRPs), Continuous Improvement Plans (CIPs), global standards, budget and other corporate efforts.
- Establish site safety and health goals and objectives consistent with global and regional goals.
- Lead and facilitate the development and implementation of facility safety and health improvement plans to enhance compliance and improve safety and health performance.
- Monitor and report progress toward achieving site goals and objectives using established safety and health metrics.
- Manage system for identifying, investigating, recording, and reporting undesired safety and health/environmental events. Ensure corrective actions are taken to fulfill regulatory compliance.
- Provide regular communication to all levels of management regarding safety and health issues and performance to ensure that relevant issues are quickly and appropriately addressed.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001 technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
- Demonstrated technical competence in specialty area
- Planning, organization and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills (i.e., team building)
- Negotiation skills with external stakeholders
- Bachelor/University degree in engineering, safety, health or related field; professional certification in safety a plus
- Minimum 5+ years in safety management in chemical plant operation
- Process Safety Management experience
Qualified Candidates email resume in MSWord to: [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
We are a leader in the recruitment and placement of key individuals, conducting staff level and national senior level searches. Our clients rely on The River Group to identify, qualify and recruit the top talent available so that they can focus on their business. We are respected and responsible partners to every company we serve, committed to the successful completion of each search with the placement of the best possible candidate according to the highest standards, morals and ethics.