Automation Controls Engineer
Job Title: Automation Controls Engineer
Reports To: Manufacturing Director
Location: Columbus, OH
Compensation: $85,000 to $100,000
Benefits: Premier Benefits Package
About our Client:
Our client is a chemical producer with the facilities, knowledge and technical integration that allows for custom formulation of high quality chemicals for their customers. Their primary industries are agriculture, personal care products, paints and coatings and building products. Our customer service driven custom manufacturing client’s chemical focus is phenolic resins, amino resins, aromatic sulfonic acids, alkylated phenols and urethane pre-polymers. They are presently looking for an Automation Controls Engineer with a strong chemical background and manufacturing operations experience.
- Direct responsibility for the standards, design, planning, management, and execution of all activities related to instrumentation, controls, and automation solutions for production and facility equipment.
- Training and technical supervision of the process controls engineering technician including but not limited to process PLC installation & programming, maintenance, support, upgrades to existing control systems and PSM efforts.
- Provide 24/7 engineering support to the production facility, engineering group, R&D, business management team, etc.
- Research new technologies and procedures relative to automation and controls to improve processes.
- Direct responsibility for the operations & development of the electrical systems and the process control system.
- Provide engineering expertise and technical guidance to maintenance to perform repairs, design changes, or other corrections as a result of troubleshooting or performance evaluation.
- Identify areas of opportunity to improve equipment and component reliability.
- Implement and maintain required PSM documentation as required for safe operating systems.
- PSM compliance is required for the majority of work associated on a daily basis.
Job Requirements: (Must have)
- Minimum of BS Degree in Chemical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in manufacturing operations setting; preferably chemical, petrochemical industry
- Solid process control and automation control experience
- Design experience with PLC/HMI systems, Allen-Bradley and AutoCad preferred
- Project management & supervisory experience
We are a leader in the recruitment and placement of key individuals, conducting staff level and national senior level searches. Our clients rely on The River Group to identify, qualify and recruit the top talent available so that they can focus on their business. We are respected and responsible partners to every company we serve, committed to the successful completion of each search with the placement of the best possible candidate according to the highest standards, morals and ethics.