Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable.
Advertising Account Executive, Interconnect Job
Time Warner Cable Media currently seeks an Advertising Account Executive for our Sales Department in our Columbus, OH Interconnect market. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling
- Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business and servicing accounts
- Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new products and services
- Complete appropriate sales activity reports and forecasts as required
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity with focus on solution based selling and digital product inclusion
- Maintains price and product integrity to ensure maximum company profitability
- Initiate and devise client solutions and proposal ensuing realistic deliverables and profitability
- Meet with key decision makers and develop advertising programs that target client specific needs
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing customers to drive new business as well as protect and increase existing advertising
Essential Job Competencies:
- Understands how digital inventory is transacted
- Knows how digital platforms work together
- Deep market knowledge of online and digital marketplace:
o Competitive Landscape
- Ability to explain complex digital media features in simple terms
- Deep passion for emerging consumer habits and where consumers are moving/looking to meet their advertising and information needs.
- Understand and has knowledge of how businesses consume and use social media.
- Ability to accept and drive innovative advanced advertising/digital advertising solutions
- Demonstrated comfort engaging with and selling first generation products
- Able to generate enthusiasm around TWC Media digital solutions
- Continuously works to stay current and expand market knowledge of advertising opportunities among digital platforms & emerging products
- Demonstrates an understanding of how digital is influencing and changing traditional methods of marketing
- Knowledge of and ability to apply online digital advertising and identify optimal product mix to meet customer needs.
- Understands consumer research. Able to analyze, synthesize and communicate it to the client.
- Understanding of the competition in the marketplace
- Understands how advertisers use digital products and strategies to accomplish client business goals
- Understands and demonstrates subject expertise in these digital products and strategies:
o Search Engine Optimization
o Social Network Marketing
o Mobile Marketing
o Emerging Digital Media
o Online Advertising:
- Rich Media
o Location Based Technologies
o Interactive Television
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience in local broadcast, cable, on-line or print media sales with a minimum of two years experience in digital media required.
- Strong preference for someone with a background in the Automotive industry --at the dealership, manufacturer, or ad agency level.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills required and ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be computer proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of advertising sales software preferred.
Note: This Job Summary should not be construed, to be all inclusive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. While the description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
FCC Unit_TWC: ADMW
Controlling Establishment ID: 00345 - Columbus 4th St
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.