Regional Operations Director
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) provides management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 1,000 professionals in 35 offices around the U.S., as well as offices in Canada and Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states and Canada to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, state-operated facilities, and private providers that do business with government agencies. PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
The Regional Operations Director will serve as the onsite lead in the development, implementation, and oversight of PCG's delivery of Workforce Investment Services through the PA CareerLink System in Philadelphia, PA. The Regional Operations Director will oversee and manage the projects, programs, offices, and staff in four sites across Philadelphia that provide business and job seeker services. The Regional Operations Director will provide management oversight of the project and will assist PCG with planned upcoming transitions and trouble shooting. This position will be responsible for program outcomes and performance of PCG's PA Career Link Operation.
- Manage the delivery of services and programs in four PA CareerLink Offices in Philadelphia.
- Coordinate with staff, management, and funding sources, to ensure smooth workflow and operations.
- Expand the capacity of the PA CareerLink offices into the communities, including but not limited to developing and maintaining new partnerships and relationships.
- Facilitate the PA CareerLink offices to become an integral resource for the neighborhoods they serve.
- Orchestrate the development of the Philadelphia Workforce system to be better understood, utilized by and responsive to the current and future needs of the local employers.
- Maintain a strong working relationship and partnership with the staff of Philadelphia Works, Inc.
- Actively Participate on the Philadelphia Workforce Consortium, which acts as the One-Stop Operator for the PA CareerLink Offices.
- Work in conjunction with relative PCG management staff and administrative offices.
- Track the progress and performance of programs, offices, services, and staff as assigned.
- Understand and communicate policies as appropriate.
- Provide oversight of sub-contractor; ensuring adherence to stringent timeliness and accuracy performance measures.
- Ensure that program objectives and goals are met.
- Ensure compliance with Local, State, and Federal regulations and contracted performance measures in day-to-day operations.
- Ensure all program performance metrics are met in achieving stated outcomes.
- Manage and track project budget and invoicing.
- Identify trends in compliance issues and business practices.
- Ensure maintenance of standard operating procedures.
- Effectively prepare materials and respond to inquiries from representatives of federal and local oversight agencies, including the Philadelphia Workforce Investment Board and the Consortium Board.
- Oversee new and innovative initiatives designed to increase the PA Career Link System's depth and breadth of services.
- Proactively engage mandatory and community partners in an effort to bring more organizations, resources, and service into the PA Career Link System.
- Develop and monitor correction action plans as assigned.
- Ensure adherence to regulations and policies as assigned.
- Ability to effectively manage and maintain budgets; meet or exceed performance outcomes; and interpret, comprehend, articulate, and comply with applicable Federal, State and agency laws and regulations.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and ability to meet all hiring requirements, including passage of a drug test.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design and instruction for individuals and groups.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to engage and develop relationships with multiple agencies and organizations.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of Workforce Investment Act regulations.
- Ability to provide a variety of services for clientele regarding education, employment, and life-support, including referrals, counseling sessions, and follow-up sessions. Process oriented and results-driven work strategy.
- Ability to work across all levels of management.
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to recognize and maintain the confidentiality of all materials in the work setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with federal, state and county agencies as well as the general public.
- Ability to maintain a record keeping and follow-up system.
- Ability to work independently, requiring minimal supervision and on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of standard office procedures, and ability to apply such knowledge to a variety of interrelated processes, tasks, and operations.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher preferably in business, business administration, accounting, social work, public policy, or other closely related fields. Significant related experience may substitute for the educational requirements.
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience in the fields of public assistance or public sector financial management preferably related to federal revenue.
- A minimum of five years directly managing and supervising staff.
- This position is subject to a background check.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
41 C.F.R. Section 60-741.44(a); 60-300.44(a)
Public Consulting Group, Inc. complies with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, which prohibits discrimination by Federal government contractors and subcontractors against individuals on the basis of disability and requires affirmative action on behalf of qualified individuals with disabilities. Public Consulting Group, Inc. also complies with the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, as amended by the Jobs for Veterans Act of 2002, 38 U.S.C. 4212 (VEVRAA), which prohibits employment discrimination against protected veterans by covered Federal contractors and subcontractors and requires each covered Federal contractor and subcontractor to take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment these veterans.
If you have a disability or are a veteran covered by the program, please notify us by contacting a Human Resources representative. Submission of this information is voluntary, and your refusal to provide it will not cause you to be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion, or discrimination because you engage or may engage in any of the following activities:
1. Filing a complaint;
2. Assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance evaluation, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 or VEVRAA or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or protected veterans;
3. Opposing any act or practice made unlawful by Section 503 or VEVRAA or their implementing regulations or any other Federal, state, or local law requiring equal opportunity for protected veterans or individuals with disabilities; or
4. Exercising any other right protected by VEVRAA or by Section 503 or their implementing regulations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY
Public Consulting Group, Inc. pledges full support to the Affirmative Action Program and policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in compliance with Executive Order 11246, as amended, as well as applicable state and local laws, directives, and regulations. Public Consulting Group, Inc. recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability, or protected veteran status. We ensure that hiring and promotion decisions are in accord with equal employment opportunity principles by imposing only requirements that are job related and do not have an adverse impact, and that other employment decisions further the principle of equal employment opportunity. Public Consulting Group, Inc. ensures that all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, education, tuition assistance, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff, return from layoff, and social and recreational programs are administered without regard to protected group status.
Equal opportunity can only be achieved through demonstrated leadership and aggressive implementation of a viable Affirmative Action Program. Our Affirmative Action Program sets forth specific affirmative action and equal employment opportunity responsibilities of managers, supervisors, and all employees. It is incumbent that employees not discriminate in any policy, practice, or procedure on the basis of protected group status. All employees are expected to make every reasonable effort to carry out their Affirmative Action Program responsibilities in spirit, as well as in letter, to assure that equal opportunity is available to all. We further expect all employees to demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, all other employees and to demonstrate commitment to the Company's equal employment opportunity and affirmative action objectives.
Administrative responsibility for this vital Affirmative Action Program, including regular monitoring and periodic reporting to top management, is delegated to EO Administrator Public Consulting Group, Inc.. This program is available for review upon request by any applicant or employee by contacting the EO Administrator during regular business hours.
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
Public Consulting Group (PCG) provides industry-leading management consulting and technology to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, Public Consulting Group (PCG) has more than 1,100 professionals in 44 offices around the U.S., in Canada, and in Europe who are dedicated to delivering leading consulting approaches and technologies to public sector clients.
Not Ready To Apply?