| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Engineer Data - Budgets and Reporting
|Job Reference Number
Ownership of Historical Project Cost review and monthly reporting for the Midwest Area (7 sub-Regions). This includes:
- Analysis of thousands of lines of purchasing data
- Calculating unit costs for multiple major projects broken down at Market, Region, Area, & National levels
- Calculating project delivery times from first purchase order to in-service for multiple projects broken down at Market, Region, Area, & National levels
- Analyze the relationship between costing & project delivery
- Working with peers on my team to understand activation reporting to utilize in analysis
- Working with Market & Region leads to understand implementation practices driving the financial results
- Working with Market & Region leads to understand trends, identify best practices, and collaborate on new strategies to improve our financial results and the performance of our implementation teams
- Providing actionable reports that trends performance month to month for both the field and the executive management team
- Provide actionable data to planning teams to support budget creation (resulting in appropriating funds based on desired results and historical performance/needs, making sure we as efficient as possible at using all of our funds)
Ownership of Purchasing Guidance & Project Mapping. This includes:
- Being the Subject Matter Expert for the Midwest Area for providing guidance/guidelines to the Market & Region leads on cost buildup of our budgets and where projects & costs should be mapped to (resulting in integrity in the Historical Cost reviews described above)
- Analysis of thousands of lines of purchasing data
- Daily/weekly review of mapping of projects to ensure they are mapped to the correct budget
- Discovering anomalies or errors in equipment/services charged to projects
- Working with Market & Regions to understand and or correct issues with mapping
Ownership of Variance Analysis & Understanding of Shortfalls/Surplus in Budgets. This includes:
- Working with peers on my team to calculate final end of month variances by Region & Area
- Working with peers on my team to understand activation results by Region & Area
- Working with peers on program management team to understand progress of deliverables
- Working with Regions to evaluate shortfalls/surpluses, understanding why they exist, and forecast future changes
- Provide a monthly executive view to provide a story (what/why/when) on monthly variances and YTD variances and whether any opportunities or issues need to be addressed
- Provide variance analysis to HQ monthly
Primary backup to team members on the following:
- Activations reporting for the Midwest Area
- Life to Date Network Elements accounting for the Midwest Area
- NCMS troubleshooting
- Monthly spend forecasting and upload
Minimum Associates Degree. (Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Data Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, or Engineering Preferred)
1 year of related financial, data, or quantitative analysis experience or extensive knowledge and understanding of wireless industry trends & key business drivers
Strong project management, problem solving, and time management skills.
Must possess a 'team player', can do attitude with experience in a fast-paced environment
Must be able to lead group discussions and communicate effectively at all levels
Strong Working knowledge of desktop software packages required (MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, etc.)
Database and web-based programing a plus
Wireless Experience Preferred
PeopleSoft Projects, Purchasing and Financial experience a plus
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work under tight deadlines and to manage multiple competing priorities
Ability to seek & destroy problems with little to no direction
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.