Softchoice - Answering Your Technology Needs
Microsoft Technical Consultant
- Company: Softchoice Corporation
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Philadelphia, PA
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Computer Software
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Consultant
- Req'd Education: 4 Year Degree
- Req'd Experience: At least 5 year(s)
Microsoft Technical Consultant
Softchoice’s mission is simple: to help organizations use technology to become more productive, more competitive and ultimately, more successful. We want to clarify the complexities of technology and provide the resources to push the boundaries of what IT can do for the more than 14,000 businesses we serve across North America. But if you were to ask our partners and customers, they’d tell you what truly makes us different is our people!
Our employees have and continue to be the driving force behind everything we do. Our people innovate; they create new offerings and services and they continue to drive new levels of efficiency in our business. Overall, these exceptional people are living our values, working together to find ways to innovate and making a difference in our customers’ business, each and every day!
Sound like you could be part of this outstanding team? Then read on…
Follow us: @asoftchoicelife
As a Senior Systems Engineer, you will be providing technical design and support services to Microsoft customers. In this support capacity you will: help design Microsoft Solutions; assist customers with the configuration of Microsoft products; create configurations based on engineering designs; provide emergency support to Customer Engineering, Management and sales teams; set up equipment for demonstrations to existing and prospective customers and sales teams.
- Design Microsoft Based Solutions
- Design Microsoft technology solutions
- Provide high-level technical guidance and best practices as an added value to the sales cycle
- Implement Microsoft Based Solutions
- Install and configure Microsoft technology Solutions
- Performance tuning, problem determination and resolution of Microsoft Solutions
- Assists sales department in selling services which may include but not limited to:
- Conducting formal and informal training sessions
- Meeting with and speaking to customers about potential projects
- Assists in writing Statementsof Work for potential services engagements.
- Acts as project manager on service engagements by
- Conveying necessary information to clients
- Seeking further opportunities to sell services to the clientDirecting clients questions to the appropriate Softchoice employees
- Continually refreshes skills, learns new skills and keeps up to date with changes in technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar field required.
- The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong Networking and Customer Service skills are required.
- A strong understanding of networking, security and storage technologies is required.
- 5+ years experience with implementing and managing Microsoft infrastructure products
- Be able to work in a challenging environment; work on mission critical systems within Fortune 1000 companies throughout Chicago/Atlanta and the U.S.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the United States and Canada. It is required that you have a US Passport.
- Strong Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SQL System Center and Lync
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
We would like to thank you personally for applying to Softchoice.
Please note that we will review your application and only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted directly. However, we will retain your application on file and would be pleased to contact you if further opportunities arise.
*Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.
Again, thank you for your interest in a career at Softchoice!
Report this job
It’s because of our focus on people and our passion for finding better ways for customers to benefit from technology that Softchoice has become a leading IT solutions provider in North America.
We have opportunities across Canada and the United States in the following areas:
- Inside & Outside Sales
- Solutions Architecture
- Operations & Finance
- Information Technology
- Human Resources & Training
- Professional Services
- Managed Services
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.