Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable.
Data and Reporting Analyst Job
Job Posting: Data and Reporting Analyst, Subscriber Reporting
Purpose:The Data and Reporting Analyst, Subscriber Reporting will be a key team member in the creation and development of a new centralized subscriber reporting team located in Charlotte, NC. The Analyst is responsible for the subscriber metrics process for assigned areas, including: daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc subscriber reporting and analysis; ensure compliance with TWC policies, programming audit, SOX and GAAP; serve as point of contact for all inquiries and associated research.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in efforts to standardize subscriber reporting processes across billing platforms.
- Complete the daily, weekly and monthly subscriber reporting.
- Research and implement best practices that drive efficiency, standardization, improve controls and reduce risk to the subscriber reporting process in order to achieve or surpass goals.
- Build strong working relationships across organizational boundaries (e.g., IT, programming marketing and operations).
- Review and maintain customer billing code mapping in order to accurately report subscriber metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Review and maintain channel lineups; including periodic channel lineup reconciliation.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Complete reporting and analysis as needed; including development of analytic reviews to ensure data integrity.
- Adhere to TWC Policies and Procedures, comply with Sarbanes Oxley and GAAP requirements and ensure proper documentation is maintained for programming audit purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills and an attitude of perseverance.
- Adapts well to rapidly changing work environment (e.g., changing priorities, workload, responsibilities and organizational structure).
- Flexible to meeting deadlines and responsibilities, especially during monthly closing cycle.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain complex problems/data clearly and concisely.
- Ability to understand the big picture and easily grasp the relationship between detailed tasks and financial statements.
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail; able to analyze large volumes of data in minimal timeframe and identify trends and anomalies, research accordingly, and implement corrective action.
- Able to prioritize and multitask accordingly in order to meet deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Access skills.
- Bachelors Degree (Finance, Accounting or IT preferred)
- Centralization implementation 50%, BAU less than 10%.
FCC Unit_TWC: HQ452
Controlling Establishment ID: 00237 - Charlotte 7910 Crescent Exec
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable provides generous benefits. Health care and retirement benefits are significant portions of the total compensation package at TWC, and we invest more in those benefits than most employers. In addition, we offer tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, competitive paid-time-off programs, work-life resources, and discounted pricing on TWC residential products and services for employees within our footprint. Our hope is that, by providing our employees with rich and flexible benefits, we can help them take care of the people who matter most – at work and at home.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.