Principal Engineer - Corrosion Control Group Leader
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification.
Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL - Oil & Gas is seeking a Principal Engineer to act as a group leader within our Oil & Gas Corrosion Control group. This position is based in our Dublin, OH office, just outside of Columbus.
Tasks may include
- Group leader for the O&G corrosion control group at DNV GL
- Lead and mentor junior staff, facilitate program development for senior staff
- Act as discipline expert in their field of expertise
- Under limited supervision, develop and assesses corrosion inhibition, and corrosion control programs for risers, flowlines, and pipelines
- Develop a strong portfolio of applied research and engineering programs in the O&G area
- Perform the most complex tasks and operates fully independently in the discipline
- Interacts with clients and facilitates business development, while identifying targeted key customers and build high level relationships in the organizations
- Systematic interaction (meetings, dialogues, workshops, presentations) with customers in order to identify the customer's needs and implement associated customized solutions based on the totality of DNV’s service portfolio
- Understand and stay current on the industry and have overview projects in the regions
- Identify opportunities for launching Joint Industry Projects and be able to ensure follow up until completion
- May approve project and work related documents and/or findings for analysis and strategy reports
- Manage and direct work and participation in work executions, i.e. including SHE, project budget, schedule and client expectations
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
- Lifting of objects up to 25 pounds, up to 5% of the time
- Standing, up to approximately 5-10% of the time
- Sitting at a desk or workstation, significant time
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Material Science, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years relevant experience in the area of materials, corrosion control, electrochemistry
- Demonstrated competence in the area of flow effects on corrosion, role of inhibitors
- Recognized industry expert in the area of corrosion control for the Oil & Gas Industry
- Strong track record of developing corrosion control programs for O&G companies
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to mentor junior staff, facilitate for senior staff
- Represent DNV GL in conferences, workshops, and industry seminars
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, is required. Experience with finite element software packages is a plus
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally as required
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V
lease visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Our vision is to have a Global impact for a Safe and Sustainable future
We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil and gas, and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.