Sr. Account Manager – Energy Software Solutions
Company & Business Area Description
Sr. Account Manager – Energy Software Solutions
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL – Energy, with more than 2,300 experts in over 30 countries around the world, is committed to driving the global transition toward a safe, reliable, efficient, and clean energy future. With a heritage of nearly 150 years, we specialize in providing world-class, innovative solutions in the fields of business & technical consultancy, testing, inspections & certification, risk management, and verification.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Energy’s Energy Advisory group is seeking an experienced field sales and business development professional with substantial experience in sales and account management to join our Energy Software Solutions team that is a longstanding technical and innovation leader in asset management and reliability software systems for the energy industry. Our experienced team delivers a successful and growing suite of enterprise software and services solutions for the energy industry. Leading software products include:
- CASCADE solution suite - for risk-based asset management, inspections, predictive maintenance and compliance
- LOAD – for facilities rating management of Transmission and Distribution facilities
- An Additional complement of software modules and implementation services driving customer value and success
This position may be based out of any DNV GL office in the United States, with a preference for our Corvallis, OR location alongside the development team.
Tasks May Include
The Sr. Account Manager contributes to the unit’s goals for order intake, revenues, profitability, and market penetration in North America. The primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in all responsibilities – “do the right thing the right way”
- Promote and sell the company’s existing software and services products by identifying and managing opportunities in targeted industries and geographies.
- Successfully and professionally manage the entire sales process in accordance with company systems and policies
- Drive profitable revenue by meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Consistently building and delivering an accurate opportunity pipeline.
- Assisting with executing short and long-range sales and marketing plans.
- Contribute to business development strategies and tactics to achieve annual targets.
- Establish and maintain deep, meaningful bi-directional relationships with existing and prospective customers
- Develop and maintain a broad and deep understanding of our markets and solutions, including a growing understanding of our client's business issues and challenges.
- Actively engage with the Sales team and other colleagues, sharing knowledge and ideas in support of profitable growth and customer success.
- Support and promote established relationships with industry and solution partners to maximize sales and sustain a leading position in the market
- Collaborate and support integrated solutions with Advisory Services teams in support of joint opportunities and integrated product/service solutions.
- Gain access and meet with management and operations level decision makers in our defined target market
- Provide input on client requirements, solution needs, and process refinement
- Participate as required in marketing and sales events as assigned
- Ensure effective handoff to the services and delivery team at the right stage of the sales cycle
- Other sales and business development activities as required, in support of company strategies and goals
- Invests in personal development in support of industry recognition as a leading provider of software solutions to energy market.
- High school diploma requiredl Bachelor's degree in related discipline or equivalent professional experience required
- 7+ years of account management experience, preferably in software solution sales
- Proven track record in consistently meeting or exceeding increasing sales goals
- Solid technical operations familiarity with the electric and/or gas utility industry and a good overall understanding of the energy industry, trends and products is a plus
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in cross functional selling with ability to present oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Experience with recognized selling methodology, and account management is preferred
- Effective communication, particularly listening skills with both colleagues as well as customers
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to create, maintain and continue profitable and growing business relationships with existing and potential customers
- Thorough understanding and execution of negotiating and closing skills, demonstrating an understanding of win-win as well as buyer motivation
- Consistent, consummate professionalism in all work-related situations
- Willingness and ability to travel within North America up to 50% of the time
- Willingness and ability to pass a background investigation and drug test
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Local employment conditions apply.
Visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
||Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Our vision is to have a Global impact for a Safe and Sustainable future
We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil and gas, and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries. Operating in more than 100 countries, our 16,000 professionals are dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.