Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning / Decision Support
Catholic Health Partners (CHP) is the largest health system in Ohio and the fourth largest employer in Ohio. With $5.6 billion in assets, CHP employs more than 33,000 associates in more than 100 organizations –- including 24 hospitals –- that meet the healthcare needs of people in Ohio, Kentucky and contiguous states.
Providing safe, high quality healthcare is the cornerstone of all that we do. CHP has been ranked consistently as one of the top health systems in the United States for clinical performance and efficiency.
Sr. Financial Analyst
This Senior Analyst - Financial Planning / Decision Support is responsible for participating in the development, monitoring and analysis of Market short and long-term financial plans. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining the CHP Decision Support tool, as well as providing reports and analysis to support decision-making.
- Assist the development of Market interim forecasts, annual plans and long-term (3-5 year) financial plans, including manipulation of financial models in financial planning software to integrate assumptions, impacts and initiatives as directed.
- Assist the preparation of System consolidation and analysis, including development and input of elimination entries.
- Maintain the Decision Support system, which may include overall responsibility for at least one major sub-system (i.e. General Ledger, patient demographic data, utilization data, etc.). Make complex structure changes as needed.
- Maintain data and ensure data integrity, including but not limited to: compile information for input into various reporting systems (i.e. Hyperion, McKesson HPM); develop and maintain data worksheets; run extracts and prepare files for loading; and perform and document data integrity audits. Proactively review information within the Decision Support tools for accuracy in portrayal of operational processes.
- Comply with appropriate policies and regulations regarding patient confidential information.
- Assist in development and maintenance of financial planning software and tools to efficiently and effectively support financial planning processes.
- Develop and distribute standardized reports to evaluate and monitor financial performance, including analyses of variances and trends and comparison to peer groups and benchmarks.
- Develop ad hoc reports ensuring that user expectations are mutually agreed to and met regarding content, timeliness and format to support user needs.
- Identify improvements to financial planning processes; assist in implementation of improvements.
- Identify improvements to enhance the maintenance or utilization of Decision Support information. Participate in activities to support upgrades and enhancements to the Decision Support system and supporting systems.
- Maintain a constructive relationship with IT Decision Support to ensure detailed knowledge of the uses and limitations of data in the Decision Support software.
- Maintain a constructive customer-service oriented relationship with Market CFOs and Site Finance Directors to facilitate the exchange of information, support for System financial issues and awareness of Market financial issues.
- Maintain a current knowledge of key trends and issues facing the healthcare industry.
- Other analytic and support services as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Healthcare or comparable discipline. Master’s degree (MBA or MHA) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare industry experience with a financial focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with CHP internal and external customers.
- Ability to present complex information to varying audiences throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with the Hyperion Enterprise financial reporting tool and Kaufman Hall Hospital Advisor Enterprise financial planning tool; knowledge of McKesson Horizon Performance Management (HPM) decision support tool preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer software tools (spreadsheet, word processing, presentation).