Senior Financial Analyst - Financial Planning / Budgeting
Sr. Financial Analyst / Senior Financial Analyst / Financial Analyst
This Senior Analyst - Financial Planning / Budgeting is responsible for participating in the development, monitoring and analysis of Market short and long-term financial plans. This position is also responsible for developing and maintaining the CHP Decision Support tool, as well as providing reports and analysis to support decision-making.
- Assist the development of Market interim forecasts, annual plans and long-term (3-5 year) financial plans, including manipulation of financial models in financial planning software to integrate assumptions, impacts and initiatives as directed.
- Assist the preparation of System consolidation and analysis, including development and input of elimination entries.
- Maintain the Decision Support system, which may include overall responsibility for at least one major sub-system (i.e. General Ledger, patient demographic data, utilization data, etc.). Make complex structure changes as needed.
- Maintain data and ensure data integrity, including but not limited to: compile information for input into various reporting systems (i.e. Hyperion, McKesson HPM); develop and maintain data worksheets; run extracts and prepare files for loading; and perform and document data integrity audits. Proactively review information within the Decision Support tools for accuracy in portrayal of operational processes.
- Comply with appropriate policies and regulations regarding patient confidential information.
- Assist in development and maintenance of financial planning software and tools to efficiently and effectively support financial planning processes.
- Develop and distribute standardized reports to evaluate and monitor financial performance, including analyses of variances and trends and comparison to peer groups and benchmarks.
- Develop ad hoc reports ensuring that user expectations are mutually agreed to and met regarding content, timeliness and format to support user needs.
- Identify improvements to financial planning processes; assist in implementation of improvements.
- Identify improvements to enhance the maintenance or utilization of Decision Support information. Participate in activities to support upgrades and enhancements to the Decision Support system and supporting systems.
- Maintain a constructive relationship with IT Decision Support to ensure detailed knowledge of the uses and limitations of data in the Decision Support software.
- Maintain a constructive customer-service oriented relationship with Market CFOs and Site Finance Directors to facilitate the exchange of information, support for System financial issues and awareness of Market financial issues.
- Maintain a current knowledge of key trends and issues facing the healthcare industry.
- Other analytic and support services as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Healthcare or comparable discipline. Master’s degree (MBA or MHA) preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare industry experience with a financial focus.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written with CHP internal and external customers.
- Ability to present complex information to varying audiences throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with the Hyperion Enterprise financial reporting tool and Kaufman Hall Hospital Advisor Enterprise financial planning tool; knowledge of McKesson Horizon Performance Management (HPM) decision support tool preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft computer software tools (spreadsheet, word processing, presentation).
Mercy Health is an established healthcare provider that has been serving Greater Cincinnati for more than 160 years. Mercy provides an integrated network of leading physicians, compassionate caregivers, comprehensive services and exceptional care at more than 80 locations across the region. The Mercy Health network of care includes award- winning hospitals, senior living communities, primary care and specialty physician practices, outpatient centers, social service agencies, fitness centers and a variety of outreach programs
We’d like to be your destination workplace for Total Career Wellness. It’s a concept that means offering exceptional programs for professional and personal growth and career development, as well as advancement potential. It also means providing a working environment with balance and collaboration. Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Prescription drug plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short-term and long-term disability and life insurance
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Free onsite parking, credit union and cafeteria discounts
- 403(b) with matching contributions
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee recognition and referral programs
- Wellness and weight loss programs
- Discounted memberships at fitness centers
- Discounts for holistic therapies
- Spiritual retreats (RISEN Program)
- Lift program, to teach staff about safety and reducing injury
Mercy Health only hires individuals who do not engage in the use of tobacco products. Testing is conducted as part of the pre-placement examination. To test negative, you must refrain from tobacco use or nicotine replacement products for 90 days.