| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Desktop Support- Second Level Help Desk - End User Support in our Stores
|Job Reference Number
- The incumbent will be traveling throughout Hawaii supporting our deskops, and peripheral equipment in our retails stores and one small office.
- Provide IT support to Verizon Wireless retail stores including systems support of Bill Payment Kiosks (working with the vendors for this), iPad POS tablets, Desktop POS, POS peripheral devices, security cameras, backup power systems (UPS), desktops, laptops, My Verizon Express systems, Routers, switches, network backup solutions, Cisco VoIP phones.
- Provide IT support to Verizon Wireless users in local business offices including software, desktops, laptops, printing, scanning, WiFi, routers, switches, phones.
- Provide quick and thorough trouble ticket resolution within SLA for hardware, software and network connectivity problems.
- Provide timely and thorough completion of Customer Service Requests (ACSRs) within SLA related to new equipment installations and software requests.
- Work with business partners to understand their technologies, procedures and operations. Recognizes issues and proactively pursues solutions.
- Management and execution of project activities such as hardware and software deployments/refresh, new store builds/remodels/closures/relocations, deployment of new systems and technologies.
- Inventory Management and logistics associated with hardware handling.
- Travel to other locations/islands within the Hawaii market as required.
- On-call rotation both during traditional and non-traditional hours required.
- May acts as a regional subject matter expert or be involved with formal business partnership teams.
- Supports other IT department initiatives, tools and procedures as well as interfaces with EUS team leads, Management, Planning and Engineering, Help Desk, and other Verizon Wireless support groups.
- 3+ yrs of Desktop / Laptop support in a large networked environment with some experience in network administration (LAN and WAN)
- A big plus would be Knowledge of retail store systems including Bill Payment Kiosks, iPad POS tablets, Desktop Point of Sale, POS peripheral devices, security cameras, backup power systems (UPS), , Cisco VoIP phones.
- Strong knowledge and experience with office and support software such as MS Office, Meeting Place, WebEx, Afaria, Dameware, EMP, Trend, Citrix, etc.
- Strong knowledge and experience with hardware support on desktops and laptops.
- Experience with imaging, software deployment and encryption tools.
- Understands TCP/IP fundamentals and basic networking protocols including WiFi
- 2+ years experience with configuration and troubleshooting on Windows 7 OS
- Experience with Apple support a plus.
- Experience with router and switch support (hardware) a plus.
- Must be able to interact with all users in a professional manner on a daily basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to engage with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Works independently and as part of a larger team with general supervision.
- Must be able to work varying hours to support project work and critical issue resolution.
- Associates Degree required
- A+ certification highly desirable
- Network+ certification highly desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.