SLCC - EP Medical Assistant - Plaza - FT
With 10 hospitals serving areas in and around the Kansas City, MO metropolitan area, Saint Luke’s Health System offers medical professionals a culture of friendship, a reputation for excellence and all of the benefits of a leading care provider. If you’re ready to experience how we care for your career, now is the time to explore Saint Luke’s. To learn more, please visit our website.
Posted Date: 05-Jun-2014
Address: 4330 Wornall Rd Ste 2000
Postal Code: 64111
Shift Type: Full-time
Position Summary: Prepares patients for appointments and completes patient follow-up as requested, conducts and scans Holters, triages patient calls and performs trans-telephonic phone checks.
- Assist with follow-up instructions to patient under direction of physician, MLP or nurse clinician.
- Preparation of exam room to ensure room is ready for next day.
- Checks and stocks exam room daily.
- Gathering clinical data for chart prior to visit time.
- Observes, records and reports patient's condition and reaction to medications and treatments to Physicians.
- Knowledge of obtaining vital signs, obtaining pertinent patient information/history.
- Greets patients and prepares them for examinations/EKG. Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Maintains orderly and efficient/timely flow of patients.
- Prepare and call in medication refills.
- Must interpret and recognize arrhythmias and respond to abnormal EKG interpretations.
- Daily preparation of patients for appointments.
- Set up Holters, apply, scan and download.
- Knowledge of appropriate resources.
CMA/CNA or equivalent required
Arrhythmia competency within 90 days of hire
Minimum 2 3 years of related experience preferred
General computer skills
Knowledge of general clinical equipment EKG machine; BP equipment; O2 equipment; pulse OX2 machine; Accucheck equipment, device programmer, Holter scaning monitor and program, Event monitor program, PaceArt
Phlebotomy experience preferred use of lab draw equipment & handling of specimens