Application Development Manager
ECS Federal is seeking an Application Development Manager to work in our Memphis, TN office.
• Manage a team of developers in implementing high quality web-based applications and services, core platform and framework components, as well as tools that support the development lifecycle.
• Apply industry best practices and new technology to enhance productivity, quality, and system performance.
• Lead the team through design, development, and deployment of new functionality.
• Work closely with other development teams to create the platform vision and evolve the product roadmap.
• Provide management and oversight of staff including performance reviews, coaching, recruiting, and disciplinary actions.
• Demonstrate ability to manage & improve technical development processes.
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Provides leadership in forming the appropriate project team in order to meet the project objectives. Communicates a clear vision of the project's objectives, and leads the project team in achieving them.
• Delivers status reports on schedule and adapts their frequency and content to the needs of the business as well as IT requirements.
• BS in Computer Science or related field of study
• At least 5 years of experience in each of the following areas
o Oracle DBMS
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects with short deadlines.
• 10 years of experience in enterprise technologies with a broad range of experience across all areas of IT.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Strong relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated experience in team management.
• The candidate must have ability and willingness to work in a team environment with preferred experience in a large company or government agency supporting multiple applications and systems
• 5 years of experience in each of the following areas:
o GIS Mapping
ECS Federal, Inc. is a proud Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. ECS Federal embraces diversity by providing equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, and status as an individual with a disability or protected veteran. ECS Federal, Inc. also maintains a drug-free workplace.
ECS Federal is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. Every day, our 1200+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
The programs and missions we support are complex, often unique and they directly affect the everyday lives of Americans within the United States and abroad. ECS Federal takes its mission very seriously and has established a culture built to attract, recognize, retain and manage the very best technology professionals for our projects.
As a mid-sized company ECS Federal enjoys many advantages, we have the experience and resources of a large business along with the focus, agility and innovation of a small business. ECS Federal customers have a very direct relationship with senior managers; as a result, we know what is happening with every one of our projects and customers. This high level of corporate commitment has allowed ECS Federal to experience 10 years of consistent growth without compromising the quality of our solutions and services.
Not Ready To Apply?