When you’re moving at our pace, you have to manage to our standards.
Project Management Opportunities at UnitedHealth Group. Get your motor running. This is the opportunity that will bring all your study, all your training, your certifications and your energy to a new level. We’ll put you in the driver’s seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we also share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. Along with ground-breaking challenge and resources of a Fortune 17 workplace, we offer something special. It’s the opportunity to do
your life’s best work.℠
Manager of Patient Registration, Methodist Hospital of Sacramento - Sacramento, CA
This position is responsible for supervising the operations of the medical centers Patient Registration (Inpatient,
Outpatient and Emergency/Trauma) Departments in an efficient cost effective manner insuring high quality service,
maximum reimbursement and compliance with medical center policy and regulatory agencies.
- Develop, implement, and carry out a plan for financial resources that will meet budget targets and revenue projections in accordance with
- Develop, utilize, maintain, and manage an appropriate number of qualified staff to provide competent, compassionate, efficient, and professional
- Develop, introduce, maintain, and continuously improve the quality of technologies, services, procedures, and practices that respond to the needs
of our customers in a timely, efficient, and professional manner.
- Work with all members of the healthcare team to effectively identify and resolve problems, develop new services, comply with regulations,
enhance staff effectiveness, and meet facility and system goals.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base for self and staff by keeping abreast of new regulations and requirements as well as enhancing management
skills to positively contribute toward the achievement of facility and system-wide goals.
- Monitor environment, processes, and equipment to prevent patient and employee injuries, holding staff accountable for receiving appropriate
training and developing an awareness of safe work practices.
- 3 years Recent patient registration experience in an acute care setting, prior supervisory experience including bringing
human resource issues to resolution; or a combination of related education and experience
- Associates degree or graduation from a trade/technical college with an emphasis in healthcare preferred.
- Operational knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to patient admission Standards from regulatory agencies and accrediting organizations (DHS, HCFA,
OSHA, JCAHO, Title XXII)
- Insurance verification/authorization process
- Outlook/Microsoft suite of tools
- HIPPA compliance Medicare Secondary Payer Contracts/Managed Care Technology- mastery of systems
- Hospital computerized information systems System Report Management
Key Performance Indicators
- Full understanding CHA consent manual Principles and practice of effective supervision Budgeting and financial management Conflict management Team Building &
Cohesiveness Knowledge of CQI principles, tools and techniques
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Human resource management Medical Terminology
Health care isn't just changing. It's growing more complex every day. ICD10 replaces ICD9. Affordable Care adds new challenges and financial constraints. Where does it all lead? Hospitals and health care organizations continue to adapt, and we are a vital part of their evolution. And that's what fueled these exciting new opportunities.
Optum360 is a dynamic new partnership formed by Dignity Health and Optum to combine our unique expertise. As part of the growing family of UnitedHealth Group, we'll leverage all our resources to bring financial clarity and a full suite of revenue management services to health care providers nationwide.
If you're looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Finance
Job Reference Code: UHG-554268
Position Type: Full-Time