Move.com is looking for a passionate Sr. Full Stack Developer who will help create innovative productivity tools & experiences designed to enhance and engage our various internal customer audiences. This is not your typical Software Development role... You need to be a Swiss Army knife equally passionate in a great user experience, development, administration, and production support of the applications you will be creating and working on. You will be part of a special team that focuses on engaging with our internal customers such as Systems Engineering (DevOps), Business Intelligence, Marketing, Operations, Web & Mobile engineering groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, development, testing, and QA of primarily internal software applications in a continuous integration environment using XP practices such as TDD/BDD
- Build out new applications from scratch using frameworks such as Code Igniter, CakePHP, Angular.js, or Node.js
- Participate in all Agile/SCRUM activities (estimation, planning, grooming, retrospectives, etc)
- Assist with product and feature definition
- Serve as a mentor for less experienced engineers and interns
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- 5+ years full stack web development experience in a team environment (Front End, Middle Tier, and Back End)
- 1+ years experience with an MVC framework such as Code Igniter, CakePHP, Angular.js, or Node.js on the Linux platform
- 1+ years working in a 'test first' development methodology on server side code (bonus if you have client side experience)
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, or Cassandra
Personal characteristics include:
- You are a polygot programmer/software generalist and believe in using the right tool for the job
- Leadership...your passion and initiative rubs off on your colleagues
- You are very passionate about your work and it shows in the form of projects that you have contributed to GitHub or side projects on your own time
- Passion for test automation...manual testing & verification is boring to you
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?