Digital Banking Business Analyst
Golden 1, California's leading credit union, is seeking a highly qualified individual to join its Digital Banking team. This role provides consultation and expert assistance with the design, development, and implementation of technical projects associated with the online and mobile banking channels. Works closely with credit union personnel and business partners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve the online and mobile banking experience. Assists and/or manages the implementation of reasonably extensive technical projects.
The successful candidate will identify, analyze, research, develop, test, and implement online and mobile banking enhancements. Other duties include developing product related materials for members as well as training materials for front line staff. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with vendors, partners and credit union employees.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a 4 year degree.
- Five years of experience in financial services, including business analysis and project management experience
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to gather clear business requirements
- Ability to develop, document, and maintain operational policies and procedures, including the design and documentation of detailed process flows, and the development of marketing and training materials
- Experience with Excel, and various analyses and reporting tools
- Experience with systems such as Online Banking, Bill Payment and Mobile Banking
Required knowledge and skills:
- Knowledge of commonly used financial industry concepts, practices, and guidelines
- Excellent oral communication, presentation and technical writing skills
- Strong research, analytical, planning, and organizational skills
- Ability to use logical reasoning when interpreting facts
- Experience with large, medium, and small systems, such as Fiserv/DataSafe, Online Banking, Bill Payment, and Mobile Banking and the ability to learn new systems
- Ability to make objective observations, examinations, evaluations, and recommendations
- Ability to execute projects and direct team members to implement system upgrades and enhancements
- Leadership abilities
- Detail oriented
- Self-starter, motivated and the ability to work independently
The successful candidate will need to pass a background check and drug screening.
Golden 1 Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
The Golden 1 Credit Union is California's leading financial cooperative, and the sixth largest credit union in the U.S. with more than $7 billion in assets and nearly 600,000 members. We have more than 80 branches, 270 ATMs and 30,000 network ATMs nationwide. Our non-cash offices are conveniently located within places of business you may already visit.
Founded by a group of California state employees in 1933, Golden 1 is a membership financial cooperative which is owned by its members. In keeping with the credit union philosophy of "people helping people," Golden 1 offers our members a wide range of low-cost consumer financial products and high-quality service.
We deliver financial solutions with value, convenience, and exceptional service.
A dynamic and trusted leader committed to enhancing the financial well-being of our members and diverse communities.