| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
|Job Reference Number
The Switch Technician is responsible for advanced integration, operation and maintenance (OA&M), and performance monitoring of VZW networks and platforms found within a regional data distribution location. Networks supported include 1X, CDMA/eHRPD, LTE –NSC, EBH, TRFO/NNI, WDN, and WVN. Platforms included in these networks are: Ditech PAEC, 1678 MSPP, ALU – eNB’s, MME, SGW, 7750, 7705, CMDS, ALU 5100 CMS, ECP, 5ESS; Cisco 6500, 10K, ASR5000, CRS16; Juniper EPC MLS, MX960; Tellabs Titan 5500, Lucent GPS 4848 DC power plant and associated BDFB’s. Performance monitoring tools include, Real Time Tool, Brix, Ehealth, Cisco, ALU SAMS, SQM, ALU OMC-RAN The Technician Switch is expected to perform his/her duties with minimum supervision and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
- Troubleshoot, upgrade, integrate, and perform preventive maintenance on multiple vendor systems.
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on regional data networks and correct anomalies.
- Provides subject matter expertise and technical leadership.
- Develop and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Participate in First Office Applications (FOAs) and other projects as scheduled.
- Interface and escalate as necessary with key stakeholders both within and outside the Region to ensure projects as well as troubleshooting efforts are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide clear/concise project status reports
- Associates Degree and 3+ years of experience in the cellular/telecommunications industry with a focus on data networks and transport.Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and 2+ years in the cellular/telecommunications industry OR Minimum of 2 years experience with TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and IP routing protocols.
- Experience with OA&M, monitoring, and growing large-scale data networks required.
- Experience with Cisco & Juniper infrastructure and operating systems required.
- Experience with high speed wireless technologies; 1XRTT, EV-DO, EV-DO rev.A, and LTE.
- Demonstrated understanding of IP addressing, subnetting, network segmentation (VLAN), MPLS, and virtual routing instances.
- Must have a clear understanding of Ethernet transport networks (LAN & WAN) with Ethernet over SONET and MetroE.
- Experience using various network monitoring or performance tools such as eHealth, RTT, Fluke, Netscout NGenius Suite, Wireshark, and Prospect desired.
- Experience in ALU wireless switching environment desirable.
- Programming/Scripting experience desirable.
- CCNA /CCENT desirable
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Must have strong work ethic, integrity and work extremely well in a team environment.
- Must possess a proactive work style with the ability to set priorities, work with minimum supervision and with a diverse group of professionals.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow up through to completion on all assignments/projects/deadlines
- Must possess a valid drivers license
Equal Employment Opportunity
Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Report this job
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.