Inside Sales Rep Based in Greenville SC
UPS, Inc. | Atlanta, GA | Posted 8/26/2014
Looking for a great career opportunity? Do you currently live, or are you willing to relocate yourself to Greenville, SC area? Then UPS is the place for you.
The Non-National Inside Sales Representative (ISR) is an entry-level sales job that can provide you the foundation you need for a promising career. This job is located in Greenville, SC and would require you to self-relocate to that geographical area.
UPS has a promotion-from-within culture. Candidates who choose to start their careers as an ISR with UPS may be provided future promotional opportunities as a field Account Executive. These positions are located throughout the U.S.
The ISR is responsible for retaining and growing UPS Small Package customer business. He/she uses available resources to learn customers’ businesses, identify business needs, and proactively contact customers to position UPS’s Small Package products and services to meet their needs. This position is responsible for prioritizing customer opportunities and focusing attention on accounts with the greatest opportunity and likelihood of success. The ISR also creates contacts, monitors contractual compliance, and answers customer questions.
The ISR is an entry level sales position that requires successful completion of the UPS Sales Academy training program. This training program is a 6-week academy located on-site at the UPS Inside Sales facility in Greenville, SC.
The primary focus of this position is to plan and conduct sales calls to address customer needs, sell additional products and services, retain current business, and follow up on leads. This position builds relationships with key decision makers and acts as a customer advocate. The ISR researches competitors’ strategies and offerings, and uses product knowledge to generate solutions that meet customer needs and business objectives. Pre-call duties include using automated sales tools to perform research into customers’ businesses and account information in order to develop appropriate selling and pricing strategies.
- Respond to and resolve customer inquiries, complaints and issues.
- Coordinate opportunities and strategies with other Non-National sales team members.
- Maintain knowledge of UPS products and services to develop appropriate sales solutions.
- Review customer shipping practices to ensure contractual compliance.
- Determine customer discounts and write new contracts.
- Educate customers on using service channels to expedite problem resolution.
- Provide compelling value proposals to potential and existing customers.
- Applies financial expertise by analyzing and evaluating financial data, patterns and trends to determine the financial impact of a decision on the customer and the company.
- Applies knowledge of customer business models and operating structures and offers logistic sales solutions that support the customer’s strategic business objectives.
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions.
- Assesses, identifies, measures and monitors customer or business needs in order to make decisions and take appropriate actions. Builds business partnerships and develops key customer relationships to maximize account profitability.
- Understands the customer’s business and aligns account strategies to customer goals.
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment.
- Conducts customer analysis to identify customer needs, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/ potential customers.
- Creates and develops strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts.
- Solicits information using information gathering techniques such as asking open and closed-ended questions, probing for details, and interviewing others to obtain additional information.
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.