Time Warner Cable is the second-largest cable operator in the U.S., with technologically advanced, well-clustered systems located mainly in five geographic areas — New York State (including New York City), the Carolinas, Ohio, southern California (including Los Angeles) and Texas. Time Warner Cable serves more than 14 million customers who subscribe to one or more of its video, high-speed data and voice services. Time Warner Cable Business Class offers a suite of phone, Internet, Ethernet and cable television services to businesses of all sizes. Time Warner Cable Media Sales, the advertising arm of Time Warner Cable, offers national, regional and local companies innovative advertising solutions that are targeted and affordable.
Network Engineer 2 - Edge Routing Team Job
Department: Engineering/Technical Operations
The new Network Engineer on our Edge Routing Team will enjoy working as part of dynamic team and will be located in Albany, NY. Specifically, the role calls for the Network Engineer to develop innovative solutions and maintain network monitoring and system performance tools, techniques, policies and procedures. Also to configure, service and support all routing and switching equipment necessary for the delivery of Metro Ethernet services, regional Ethernet and inter-regional Ethernet services. This includes all equipment, both active and passive, in the metro network.
The ultimate goal for this Network Engineer is to become a trusted partner of our engineering team through the delivery of excellent customer service and knowledge that will allow our business to grow. This opportunity will have good visibility with our engineering department and potential for moving into more senior levels of responsibility in the future.
You will also be responsible for:
- Troubleshoots and resolves critical network and system issues.
- Project management - document project requirements including scope, costs, schedule, testing and terms of delivery to ensure project is completed with highest level of quality on time and within budget
- Research and identify technology opportunities and their application to the business.
- Test and validate all new hardware and connections for proper configuration and performance.
- As part of an on-call/standby rotation, respond to after-hours call-out for service restoration, troubleshooting, network testing and repair of all necessary equipment.
- Track all equipment RMAs and ensure that proper levels of spare inventory are maintained.
- 4-year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology or equivalent job experience (1 to 2 years of data network design, planning and support experience) preferred
- CCNP preferred and/or equivalent certifications,
- 1+ years' experience with Cisco or Juniper required
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of LAN, WAN, and telecommunication equipment, understanding of all OSI layers from application to physical, knowledge of RIP, OSPF and BGP, and experience with bandwidth utilization monitoring required.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining Cisco/Juniper and other major firewall technology platforms required.
- 1+ years of hands-on experience supporting/maintaining VPN, proxies, system hardening, security policies with extensive knowledge of security practices/technologies required.
- Must have demonstrated experience utilizing structured change and project management methodologies.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment to accomplish team goals.
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license and safe driving record.
Candidate should have in-depth understanding of:
- Networking Protocols (IPv6, 802.3 Ethernet, RPR/DPT, 802.11, 802.17- )
- Routing Protocols (BGP, IS-IS, RIP, OSPF, PIM, MPLS- )
- Internet Protocols (HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP- )
- DOCSIS Technologies and Services
- Optical Networking (CWDM, DWDM, PON- )
- Traffic Engineering/Modeling
- IP Presence, Messaging and Session Management (SIP, SIP-T, CPIM, SDP, Packet Cable DCS, etc- )
- Security Technologies (AAA, PKI, DRM- )
- Data Analysis/Modeling
FCC Unit_TWC: 0756
Controlling Establishment ID: 00447 - Albany Washington Ave
More on TWC:
Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.