Co-Op (Engineering Major-Junior)
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
Once known as a trucking company, UPS is now recognized as a technology company with trucks and is poised for success. Spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology, UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student working on a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or Electrical Engineering, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
This Student Co-Op will provide Infrastructure, Application Development and Quality Assurance teams with support services for technology products in various lab environments. He/she provides hardware and software planning, technical advice, and informal training to customers. The selected candidate organizes and coordinates activities for installing, deploying, and upgrading software and hardware.
This position will troubleshoot and restore routine technical service and resolve equipment problems using established processes and procedures. The Student Co-Op will also collaborate with Infrastructure and Application teams to deploy standardized support practices and installation procedures. The detailed responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Coordinates Hardware and Software Installations and Integration
- Prepares hardware and software installations and removal to meet client operational needs.
- Conducts hardware and software tests to correct and document malfunctions.
- Reports hardware and software installations and removal details.
- Provides user assistance to resolve escalated issues.
- Contributes to installation procedures and standards development to establish consistency.
Provides Service Support
- Receives and completes requests for support to meet customer needs.
- Responds to requests for support to resolve problems and minimize downtime.
Coordinates Service Delivery
- Plans, coordinates, and installs moderately-complex systems to provide project support.
- Initiates support activities for assigned systems to meet project goals.
Builds I. S. Customer Relationships
- Interacts with I.S. teams to facilitate problem resolutions.
- Provides low to moderately-complex technical guidance
- Assists with customer requirements’ solutions to solve low to moderately-complex problems.
- Initiates stakeholder communications by telephone and in person to improve service levels.
Primary Skill: Technical Knowledge of Hardware & Software
- Windows Server Operating Systems (Server 2012, 2008 and 2003)
- Windows Workstation Operating Systems (Windows 8, Windows 7)
- Technical knowledge of hardware and software - Advanced
- Blade Technology – Intermediate
- Virtualization Technologies- Intermediate
- Citrix - Intermediate
- Networking – Intermediate
- Cable Management - Intermediate
Must be able to work 15-20 hours per week during school year and 32-40 hours per week during the summer.
The desired Co-op (Engineering Major-Junior) must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics or related discipline.
Not ready to apply?