|Job Reference Number
Forecast, design, implement, document, monitor, and optimize the elements and configurations necessary to provide wireless data network services.
• Work with area planning, data performance engineering, operations, and inter-area networking to ensure coordination of all requirements associated with wireless data network services.
• Provide a disciplined Project Management approach to network modifications, taking accountability for adherence to budget, schedule, and product rollout, testing, and acceptance. Plan data network element growth, developing semiannual forecast, budget and project plan requirements.
• Proactively monitor and report on resource utilization and equipped capacity, ensuring resources are engineered to levels which assure optimum network availability and reliability as demanded by company performance standards.
• Document information stores such as IP addresses, port assignments and connection information for routing and switching equipment in Xpercom/XNG.
• Develop MOP’s and change control processes accounting for modifications to configuration which are compliant to company network security, reliability, control standards, and conform to operations acceptance. Provide assistance to operations, system performance, and inter-area networking in the resolution of technical and customer problems.
• Provide support to localize and isolate faults, detect and diagnose anomalous behavior.
• Develop methods to improve the analysis, alarming, and monitoring of the data network elements.
• Evaluate and plan for new products and technologies impact on data .
• Interface with Area and Corporate teams responsible for core network.
• Participate in new technology and product trials; ensure timely Product rollout and testing.
• Identify Key Performance Indicators and propose enhancements.
• Manage Vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, and ALU to ensure timely delivery of new features and product upgrades.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or similar major
- 4 years of Information Systems experience preferred -CCNA –Extensive experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols, MPLS, point to point, Ethernet, Sonet/Sonet over Ethernet and TCP/IP.
• 4 years experience CDMA2000-1X Networking Architecture, EVDO Network Architecture
• Experience using Cisco or Juniper devices to support MPLS multi-tiered networks.
• Project Management training and experience in Project Management
• Experience with performance measurement and capacity planning
• Experience supporting commercial, 24x7, and Internet-facing systems.
• Full understanding of the UNIX operating system.
• Experience developing support tools on Solaris using UNIX shell scripts and utilities.
• Familiarity with system management and monitoring software. -Understanding of Firewall hardware and software.
• Understanding of Sniffer software and hardware analysis tools. -Hands-on T1/T3 / OC-3 interconnects. Asynchronous / Synchronous connectivity (i.e. RS-232, RS-449, PPP, HDLC,) XBaseT, Coax, Fiber.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and capability of working independently.
• Demonstrated technical and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work with others without conflict and achieve goals.
• Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively via written technical proposals and oral communications.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and make sound technical judgments in a demanding environment.
• Position requires occasional late night and all night support and participation.
• Limited Travel required -Valid drivers license
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!