Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
This position is responsible for ongoing and new analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of critical training and education of the Bridgestone Commercial Solutions (BCS) OTR sales force, distribution, and end user personnel on the total offering from product to services and solutions.
• Requires the ability to work proactively with channel managers, project managers, and other subject matter experts on training development and requires the ability to gain the confidence of employees and management by demonstrating professionalism and training expertise in a dynamic, changing environment
• Facilitate/teach BCS employees, dealer personnel and end users with a core emphasis on product and solutions including all elements of the BCS value proposition
• Applies analytical skills in performing training needs assessments, development of training outlines with focused and measureable training objectives, target audience and plans for tracking that measure against objectives
• Create focused training activities to the appropriate audience and environment. Focus training on what function the participants need to learn to perform/do to be most successful in their job.
• Create assessments, reference tools, and scenario based exercises based on measurable objectives
• Proactively develops knowledge and skills in areas in which he/she serves as an instructor to enable him/her to serve as a role model for class participants
• Incorporates eLearning into training, where appropriate, through the use of simulation tools and applications
• Leads the function of scheduling training and trainers for new sales employees
• Conducts training stakeholder reviews with identified subject matter experts and leadership to ensure training materials are correct in content and focus, provide needed troubleshooting knowledge required for effectiveness, and support agreed-upon business processes
• Analyzes, designs, and develops e-learning/mobile learning/instructor led outlines, storyboards, and manages or does production of courses from beginning to end, adhering to project plans and deadlines
• Proactively and continuously focuses on educating themselves and implementing best practices in training and development through industry webinars, conferences, resources and organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, other business related field or instructional design preferred
Learn More about Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
• Minimum 5 years experience in professional environment with demonstrated ability to coach and develop other team members
• 3 years experience in Off The Road tire products and services as well as a solid understanding of commercial OTR tire maintenance and industry issues preferred
• Excellent written, verbal, analytical and communication skills
• Proficiency required in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
• Articulate Storyline, Brainshark, and WebEx experience a plus
• Ability to work in team environment
• Desire and ability to complete further education on best practices in design, development, and implementing blended learning and e-learning
Visit Our Website
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.