IT Support Administrator
Opportunity For An IT Support Administrator Join our outstanding team at AMRI, recipient of the 2013 CMO Leadership Award in Quality from "Life Science Leader" magazine. Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The IT Support Administrator is responsible for providing direct help desk and system administration support to end users. The IT Support Administrator may also be assigned to project teams in support of company goals and objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end user hardware and software issues within prescribed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s). Install, configure, and troubleshoot end user software applications.
- Configure and deploy laptops, desktops, and desktop virtualization appliances.
- Train end-users on use of hardware or software as needed.
- Assign and manage permissions to network resources including; File Servers, SharePoint, and Microsoft Exchange.
- Administer and troubleshoot end user desktop virtualization environment and services.
- Create and manage Microsoft Exchange mailboxes.
- Manage backup and restoration of network resources.
- Configure, deploy, and troubleshoot network printers including the configuration of network print server queues and services.
- Administer and support telecommunications equipment as required.
- Assist in onsite support for installation, maintenance, and repair of Wide Area and Local Area Network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience/certification.
- CompTIA A+ Certification Minimum of one year IT experience in a technology support role
- Knowledge of Help Desk systems and best practices
- Knowledge of Microsoft Systems Administration, including Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint
- Knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure environments
- Knowledge of data backup and recovery systems/applications ERP system experience a plus
- Experience in telephone system administration a plus
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. (AMRI) is a global contract research and manufacturing organization with more than twenty years’ experience in providing customers with fully integrated drug discovery, development, and manufacturing partnerships. AMRI builds its expert knowledge and advice into customers’ programs to deliver a complete range of value-added services with more informed decision-making, resulting in enhanced efficiency and more successful outcomes at all stages of the pipeline. AMRI’s smarter options for insourcing and outsourcing support discovery and development of pharmaceutical products, manufacturing of API and drug product for existing and experimental new drugs. With unrivalled project management and locations in the United States, Europe, and Asia, AMRI maintains geographic proximity and seamless delivery across multiple sites.
AMRI has historically leveraged its drug discovery expertise to progress several internal programs to the development candidate stage and, in some cases, into Phase I clinical development. AMRI has successfully partnered certain programs and is actively seeking to out-license its remaining programs to strategic partners for further development.