The Art Institutes, with more than 45 locations in North America, is an important source of design, media arts, fashion, and culinary arts professionals.
The Art Institutes offer culinary arts curricula at more than 30 of The Art Institutes locations. The Art Institutes offers a broad range of programs and graduates are employed by companies and organizations of all types and size, including some of the most prominent companies in the United States, such as MTV, Time Warner, AT&T, Home Depot/EXPO Center, Lockheed Martin, Nordstrom, Nintendo of America, Walt Disney & Affiliates, Marriott, Yahoo Broadcast Services, Ernst & Young, Microsoft, Ford Motor Company, and the Fox Entertainment Group.
Everything we wear, watch, and listen to was inspired by a creative person with a passion for new ideas. It’s that passion that drives the students and instructors at The Art Institutes. We offer a dynamic, creative work environment for our faculty and staff - a team dedicated to providing an excellent educational experience and to the success of our students. Our faculty has the best tools possible for delivering the rigorous, career-focused, learner-centered education for which The Art Institute is known. Our staff enjoys an open, team-based work environment where performance is rewarded and staff development highly valued. Together, we all demonstrate our commitment to our mission in everything we do!
This position performs or coordinates all of the student accounts processes. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Perform the daily cash receipts process, deposits, and reports. May be responsible for maintaining petty cash for the school.
- Responsible for performing the collection of both in-school and out-of-school accounts receivable. Monitor the Collection Agencies to ensure optimum performance for cash collections.
- Assist CS-Student Accounting with reconciliations, corrections, etc. during both the student billing and revenue recognition processes. This includes posting of student drop adjustments.
- Maintain the accuracy of the student ledger accounts; entering all charges, payments, and adjustments as needed.
- Maintenance of all required reports in an organized file system for future retrieval as needed (as prescribed by SOX).
- Organization and tracking of purchase orders and invoices, as well as submission to CS-Pittsburgh of any accounts payable items. Work with the CS AP department to ensure timely and accurate processing.
- May include duties of bookstore inventory preparation and posting of bookstore charges. May include preparation of financial aid refund calculations.
- Support the Admissions Department in re-enrolling former students of the College.
- Other duties as assigned.
Dependent on local structure: Campus President, Director of Student Services, or Campus Head of AFS.
Students, Staff at School, System and CS, collection agencies.
- Associate degree or higher in Business-related field preferred.
- Experience in collegiate environment or customer service fields.
- Experience within a financial or accounting field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with both faculty and student population.
- Superior organizational and problem resolution skills.
- Strong basic computer software (MS Office) skills.
- Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to work without close supervision and to set one's own priorities and work schedule.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.