Enbridge Energy Company, Inc, a leader in crude and natural gas transportation, gathering, and processing is seeking an IT Coordinator for our downtown Houston, TX position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We appreciate your interest in Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. However, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability.
Enbridge participates in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. in any form without a valid written agreement in place for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of Enbridge Energy Company, Inc. As a result, no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Enbridge Energy Company, Inc.
Please note that Enbridge only accepts applications submitted via our online recruiting system. Individuals with disabilities who are unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting us at 713-821-2283 or by email at [Click Here to Email Your Resume]. This option is reserved for individuals who are unable to use or require assistance with the online tools as a result of a disability and is not intended for other purposes. Thank you for considering Enbridge for your next career opportunity.
- Three (3) years of specific experience in two or more of the following: Project Coordination, Invoice Coding, Executive Assistant, and/or Space/Floor Planning (distinction given to candidates with experience supporting IT departments in a corporate setting).
Some college coursework or business vocational school education preferred (distinction given to candidates with associates or bachelor’s degree).
Candidates should have a fundamental understanding of purchasing process, invoice coding & routing, and annual budgeting.
Incumbent will possess advanced skills in MS Word (e.g., mail merge), MS Excel (formulas, conditional formatting) and MS Outlook (rules), PowerPoint (animation, embedded objects), SharePoint (web parts, custom lists, views).
Reputation, credibility, reliability and consistency are of paramount importance; incumbent will have excellent written and verbal communication skills which help him or her succeed in working with all levels of management, staff, clients and vendors.
- Incumbent must demonstrate exceptional customer service skills with our customers and internal departments.
- With a strong sense of urgency, must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline-driven environment balancing individual tasks, project efforts and customer demands.
- Position requires high level of initiative, ability to work without supervision, and ability to prioritize assignments based on the needs of the team members.
- Incumbent will be flexible, self-regulating, driven to self-learning, will have an above average attention to detail and will embrace problem solving.
As a member of the Planning & Governance team, provide a broad range of support services to the Information Technology Director, Managers, Supervisors, and approximately 90 employees and contractors. Maximize value proposition of role by relieving mid-level and senior IT management of coordination and administration tasks; providing support to IT leaders and teams; providing procedural and administrative support to assigned IT teams; supporting broader support needs of business unit.
Core Competencies and Professional Qualities:
- Ensure personal compliance and foster team compliance with company policies, approved processes, systems and values of Integrity, Safety and Respect.
- Demonstrate near-perfect organizational skills with strong attention to detail supporting both operations and projects.
- Represent leaders and teams through application of superb professionalism and a positive service experience with all colleagues, customers and leaders at all times.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Proactively assume additional responsibility and follow through with commitments and foster mutual trust with fellow employees.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Maintain confidentiality and sensitivity in all matters.
- Maintain vendor coding register for recurring expense – code all invoices and secure timely approvals.
- Working across teams, create, update and prepare documents, spreadsheet and presentations in support of departmental priorities.
- Drive analysis and compilation of weekly / monthly / quarterly departmental reports and presentations.
- Prepare and distribute project and team meeting agendas, materials, packets and minutes.
- Orchestrate conference calls, meetings and events – i.e., coordinating attendees, travel arrangements, facilities, catering, technology support, logistics, agenda, meeting minutes.
- Maintain team Share Point site – e.g., posting documents, updating calendars, announcements, restructuring.
- Maintain leaders’ MS Outlook calendars; arrange complex and detailed travel plans; prepare detailed itinerary; prepare/submit expense reports; support changes to travel plans.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Manage employee/contractor database, accounting, reconciliation, requests, approvals, reporting, reconciliation and variance explanation.
- Orchestrate office/cube space for all IT employees / workspace relocations.
- Coordinate resources in advance of and assist with new employee/contractor on-boarding.
- Maintain staff directories and organization charts.
- Coordinate a variety of work flows – i.e., enters requests for hardware, software, mobility, access; monitor and facilitate approvals; track to completion; escalate as appropriate.
- Code, route and track invoices and payments; maintain vendor, coding and approval reference documentation; assist with development and/or entry of annual budget.
Business Unit Support:
- Coordinate activities with departmental leaders.
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines.
- Provide training and support to other staff members.
- Assist with overflow work from administrative / executive assistants.
Enbridge transports and distributes energy across North America through the employment of more than 7,000 people in Canada and the United States.
Over the past 60 years, Enbridge has become a leader in the safe and reliable delivery of energy in North America and is proud to be recognized as one of the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World.
Not Ready To Apply?