Our views matter. So will yours.
Further information about "working at Moody's" is available at our Careers Page at www.moodys.com
- Conducting sophisticated theoretical and empirical research on measurements of credit risk and fixed income valuation;
- Coordinating with financial researchers and data analysts on research projects;
- Providing research support to the firm's prototype implementation and software development activities;
- Present research findings to technical and non-technical audiences internally.
- Collaborate with the client services team on quantitative consulting projects.
- Masters in Financial Engineering or have completed all course work required in a Masters program, in Business, Finance, Economics, or a closely related field;
- 2+ years of research experience in asset pricing and/or corporate finance;
- Experience with statistical analysis and programming tools such as R, SAS, or Matlab;
- Experience with Compustat, Bloomberg, CRSP or other related financial databases;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Quantitative Research team has a rich history of providing leading edge research and thought leadership in the credit risk arena and is divided into three subgroups. The Single Obligor team provides credit research on single names, building probability of default models and loss given default models for both private and public firms. The Commercial Real Estate team provides credit research estimating econometric models to describe the lending risks involved in the commercial real estate market. The Portfolio Research team builds portfolio-level models to determine the distribution of a credit portfolio’s value in the future and provides risk measures of the estimated distribution. As a Research Associate, you will have the opportunity to join one of these teams and work alongside experienced researchers on a project related to the above fields.
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $2.3 billion in 2011, employs approximately 6,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 28 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Not Ready to Apply?