| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Data Center Construction Project Manager
|Job Reference Number
Strategy - Planning
- Manage construction from initial site design through completed drawings including drawing review taking into account civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical feasibility; value engineering, zoning, Phase 1 & 2 environmental certification and signoff.
- Manage construction activities related to the development of multiple, simultaneous Network infrastructure projects including; RFQ or RFP process, Contract process, Sealed bid , Distributing bid packages, Coordinating bid walk, Awarding project, Monitoring progress, Providing regular status updates, Resolve issues.
- Manage change management process including Method of Procedure (MOP) creation and review
- Provide solid ownership of project financial results, from initial proposal/bid through receipt of final product or service including project budget funding, adherence to budget spending, creation & tracking purchase orders, inspecting work performed by contractors
- Provide solid team leadership and direction through practicing Core Values including: creating and evaluating ways to gain financial efficiencies; creating process improvements; securing assets; and being accountable for vendor payments.
- Evaluate & implement prudent value engineering in the pursuit of your responsibilities;
challenging the normal way things are done, with a goal of bettering the way one performs their responsibilities.
- Interact with peers in a respectful and flexible manner, so as to maintain a positive focus on the achievement of team goals
- Exhibit the utmost of integrity and respect when leading and directing contractors.
- Demonstrate professionalism by responding to emails promptly, actively leading & participating in meetings, ability to express & explain issues clearly, providing updates, maintaining records, working with other departments, and understanding the impact of their job to the overall business.
- Establishes quality assurance methods, procedures, standards, and technical training related to site design and construction. Evaluates new products, services, and vendors. Weigh the pros and cons, including impact to the system, costs, compatibility, and ease of use, reliability, and timing parameters.
- Interfaces with internal and external departments as well as regulatory agencies by interacting with municipal agencies in the pursuit of building permits, construction inspections, and by finally obtaining certificates of occupancy for network facilities.
- Coordinate & direct the team skills to successfully represent the company at municipal zoning hearings.
- Associate's degree in Management, Engineering, Construction, Telecom or a related discipline.
- PMP – Project Management Professional Certification a plus
- 5 years of experience in the wireless telecom industry including experience in Data / Telecom power, design, construction, leadership and management.
- Knowledge of Mission Critical, Tier IV Data Center design/engineering, construction and operation including Method of Procedure (MOP) creation, change management systems
- Expertise in AutoCAD/design review, HVAC Mechanical chilled water systems, CRAH units, emergency generators, electrical infrastructure, National Electrical Code requirements, environmental requirements including hazardous material, spill prevention, and other regulatory guidelines, general building maintenance, vendor maintenance and project management and financial management.
- Expertise in Construction Management including: working with Construction Management, Design, and Commissioning firms, administering Guaranteed Maximum Price agreements, project scheduling, permitting, and project closeout.
- Power skills: DC power systems, AC UPS systems, generator paralleling systems and corresponding distribution equipment
- Proficient in office computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Solid, proactive & proven problem solving, project management, and financial management skills.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain performance level under varying degrees of pressure and uncertainty, and effective management of situations in which few or no guidelines exist
- Solid proven decision making skills, with a focus on making appropriate use of all available information and data; anticipating the future, preparing accordingly, recognizing the impact of decisions upon the rest of the organization, receiving broad guidance, being accountable for broad project results; and being responsible & accountable for the leadership of broad programs in support of organizational strategies.
- Leadership excellence - causing influence within the group and being recognized as a leader both within and outside of his/her work group; serving as a positive role model; providing feedback to co-workers; leading projects; demonstrating a positive, proactive leadership role including taking the initiative to identify matters of importance; resolving problems in a timely fashion; fostering a sense of teamwork; working well in an unstructured environment; engaging in group activities; translating functional/operational goals into team goals; establishing and modifying processes as needed to meet new challenges; demonstrating original thinking, openness to change, and alternative solutions; leading by example; demonstrating company values and policies; initiating action; and assuming ownership for decisions and results
- Flexible to embrace change; adapting communication style to setting; investigating and implementing alternate approaches to resolve difficult problems
- Solid ownership of organizational and planning skills (setting and communicating priorities; anticipating workload impact on resources of both self and team; delegating where appropriate; consistently following up on outstanding items; and providing focus in meetings and discussions)
- Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work 26% to 50% of work hours
- Overnight travel will be required 26% to 50% of work hours
- Driver’s license is required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
- Verizon is a Federal Contractor
- Verizon requests veteran priority referrals
- Verizon is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Vet.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.