1. Monitors server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity. Interprets activity and make recommendations for resolution.
2. Completes Risk Assessments of information technology resources and develops remediation plans for sub-compliant systems and resources. Performs regular scheduled and ad-hoc audits of security environment. Manages risk by analyzing the root cause of security issues, impact to business, and required corrective actions.
3. Participates in new system development and implementations to ensure that development efforts follow appropriate security guidelines and controls are adequately incorporated into the systems. Provides technical consultation to personnel who are responsible for the development, deployment, administration, and security of the organization’s systems infrastructure and networks.
4. Leads Data Security projects and represents the Data Security Department on project teams and other IS initiatives and works with other IS departments to identify and recommend solutions on security-related issues. Identifies and assigns project tasks to other data security staff.
5. Ensures customer requests and reported problems are documented. Prioritizes and assigns requests to data security staff. Oversees training and provides competency validation of data security staff.
6. Supports e-discovery process to include identification, collection, preservation and processing of relevant data.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Information Security, or equivalent work experience and five years of information security experience is required to include developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans. Information security certification required. Security certifications may include, but not be limited to CISSP, CISA, CISM, GSEC, Security+, and certified ethical hacker. Project Management experience and experience with creating and managing project plans is preferred. Knowledge of common information security management frameworks such as ISO 27001, ITIL, COBIT, and NIST is preferred
Owned by the people of Bexar County, University Health System is a nationally recognized academic medical center. In partnership with UT Medicine San Antonio, the practice plan of The University of Texas Health Science Center, it is consistently recognized as a leader in advanced treatment options, new technologies and clinical research.
Just recently, U.S. News & World Report ranked University Hospital as the Best Metro Hospital and Best for nephrology and urology.
Also, University Hospital is the only pediatric trauma center for San Antonio and South Texas. The trauma team at University Hospital is recognized for its expertise in treating serious injuries and burns in children by the American College of Surgeons (ACS). The ACS verified University Hospital as a pediatric trauma center in October 2012, after a lengthy application process and site visit.