Senior Systems Administrator
The Senior System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, compliances’, and security standards.
• Evaluates the work of other systems administrators to ensure compliance with established standards and operating procedures.
• Ensures long-term requirements of systems operations and administration are included in the overall information systems planning of the organization.
• Responsible for the installation, maintenance, configuration, and integrity of computer software and systems.
• Implements system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system.
• May assign tasks to junior staff members as directed by the Network and Systems Administration supervisor.
EXPERIENCE:Minimum 5 years experience in Systems Administration EDUCATION:Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology requiredRHCE Certificate requiredSKILLS/REQUIREMENTS:
• Has current knowledge of security trends, technology advances, new products, and best practices in systems administration and computing security and its processes.
• Has hands-on experience and in-depth working knowledge of Unix and Linux operating systems with regards to security and best practices. Can plan for, design, and implement said systems in a secure operating environment.
• Has in-depth knowledge of industry best practices and standards in IT Security.
• Has hands-on experience and in-depth working knowledge of multiple scripting languages and can apply this knowledge with the purpose of the monitoring, analyzing and reporting on network utilization, traffic trends, and potential issues.
• Solid grasp of TCP/IP networking fundamentals.
• Multiple years of experience in fast-paced high-availability production environments.
• Knowledge of storage, load balancing, and clustering fundamentals.
WESCO International is a leader in industrial supply with an extensive offering of electrical, data communications, general maintenance, repair, and operating (MRO) and electrical OEM products. We are more than just an electrical distributor; we are a company of procurement specialists, helping customers lower supply chain costs, increase efficiency through WESCO Value Creation and save energy with green and sustainability initiatives. Our network of branches delivers industrial supply products fast, and our vast catalog of supplier partners enables WESCO to be your one-stop shop for electrical and MRO products. As a Fortune 500 company, our industrial supply solutions leverage our buying power and extensive procurement experience that leaders across a broad range of industries trust to deliver value, service and results that exceed customer expectations.