Regional Development Manager
Not ready to apply?
Generac Power Systems - Join the leader in the power industry! Our Sales team is seeking a Regional Development Manager for a field based position in the West Region.
The Regional Development Manager is responsible for identifying market opportunities for Generac products and developing the go to market strategies of regional distribution partners. This role identifies, assesses, attracts and negotiates business opportunities with Generac distributors within the regional territory to best leverage the capabilities and strengths available to service the need of end users. This role focuses on managing and expanding business with our distribution partners. The Regional Development Manager –coordinates all marketing activities with customers, building, designing and executing the plans needed to grow share within the markets of responsibility.
- Identifies market opportunities for Generac products.
- Identifies, assesses, attracts and negotiates with potential partners in any segment (e.g. commercial and industrial).
- Manages and expands business with existing customers.
- Develops, designs and executes short term and long term business plans related to all aspects/divisions of regional distribution partners.
- Coordinates all marketing activities with customers.
- Develops strategic relationships.
- Supports new promotional programs.
- Works with dealers to increase parts and service sales leveraging Generac OEM products and services.
- Administers sales training in-market.
- Provides world-class customer support.
- Defines product specs and business plan to support new product development proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field required; MBA preferred.
- 5 – 7 years of sales, marketing or business management experience. Trade experience preferred.
- Ability to travel overnight 60%
- Experience with markets of the region preferred
- Experience in the power generation, heavy equipment or installed industrial equipment industries preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across multiple audiences including top management, public groups and dealership principles/board of directors
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently
- Ability to define complex problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledgeable in spreadsheet analysis and financial management
- Prior experience working for a manufacturer selling products through distribution
- Working knowledge of warranty and policy administration
- Working knowledge of OEM/Dealer distribution
- Effective presentation skills, negotiation skills
- Willing to visit multiple locations daily
- Strong contributor in a matrix organization
- Acceptable driving record as defined by Corporate Auto Policy
Why Not Join the Best?
Generac was voted by our own employees to be one of Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel’s 2012 Top Workplaces in Southeastern Wisconsin. Generac was also the winner of the 2011 Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year award. Generac has more than a billion dollars in sales and about a 15% compound annual growth rate since 2000. Generac created over 400 jobs in 2012 and we are continuing to grow substantially in 2013! Generac is also publically traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
Generac is a place where innovation and industry leading technology is created; the company holds about 90 U.S. and international patents and applications. Generac currently has five locations throughout Wisconsin totaling 1.4 million square feet of manufacturing and distribution capacity. Including our modern and state of the art remodeled corporate headquarters in Waukesha, where Generac was born over 50 years ago.
Generac needs the best and the brightest employees to continue our highly innovative award winning growth. We want employees who aren’t afraid to be on the cutting edge of technology and ideas. We want employees who are as driven as we are to engineer and build the best backup power solutions. Generac wants leaders who will drive us toward our next 50 years of market leadership. Do you have the desire to make a difference? If so, Generac wants to hear from you.
Generac manufactures the widest range of power products in the marketplace including portable, RV, residential, commercial and industrial generators. At Generac, we protect the things that power your life by providing quality, affordable power solutions.