Senior Accounting Manager - R2R
Senior Accounting Manager - R2R
CHEP is the world leader in pallet and container pooling services, serving many of the world's largest companies. CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 285 million pallets and containers from a global network of more than 500 service centers in 42 countries, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers.
CHEP partners with customers to develop pooling solutions that ensure reduced product damage, offer enhanced delivery efficiencies, eliminate waste and cut supply chain costs, adding exceptional value for its customers. With more than 300,000 customers around the globe, including Procter & Gamble, SYSCO, Carrefour, Kellogg's, Woolworths, Kraft, Nestlé, Lion Nathan, The Home Depot, Tesco, Unilever, Hewlett Packard, Ford and GM, CHEP is known for "Handling The World's Most Important Products…Everyday."
CHEP employs more than 7,700 employees in 42 countries and benefits from more than four decades of industry experience internationally.
The Senior Accounting Manager of USA (USA R2R Lead) will have responsibility of overseeing the accounting processes of CHEP USA, CHEP International, CHEP Americas, IFCO PMS and IT Global Finance by working with the Americas regional R2R and Business Process Outsource supplier (“BPO”). Primarily responsibilities include ensure the BPO to deliver finance and accounting services in a seamless and transparent manner and no disruption to the company operations; drive transformation processes and ensure the best practices and enabling technologies are leveraged globally; ensure continuous improvement and achieve high levels of performance; ensure BPOs delivers finance and accounting services in a high quality manner using service levels that are within industry standard and Brambles requirement; provide thought leadership around finance and accounting innovation and deployment of best practices; deliver lower overall finance and accounting costs to the company; etc.
• Oversee the daily accounting operations and coordinate the finance close with BPO and other business units to meet all the Brambles reporting/closing requirement and external statutory reporting requirement
• Collaborate and coordinate with BPO and all regions to develop brambles customized standard global process template, minimizing country level exceptions
• Collaborate and coordinate with BPO and all regions to drive out process variation and driving end to end value involves end to end stakeholder involvement
• Collaborate and coordinate with BPO and all regions to conduct value stream mapping to reduce cycle time by eliminating non-value added activities
• Partner with BPO and all regions to utilize metrics and root cause analysis to benchmark to best in class and evaluate and or close gaps
• Collaborate and coordinate with all regions and BPO to drive closing the gaps to best in class per plan refined and agreed roadmap to best in class
• Collaborate and coordinate with BPO and all regions to drive, develop and implement global standardization, effectiveness improvement, automation and technology solutions in retained organization
• Review BPO performance progress against agreed goals / priorities
• Collaborate and coordinate with BPO to review and approve monthly exceptions and dashboard
• Review and approve critical provisions and balance sheet true up
• Oversee the compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory and statutory reporting requirements
• Ensure proper accounting and financial compliance of all corporate contracts
• Oversee major strategic financial projects and ensure successful implementation
• Collaborate with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
• Oversee and ensure proper implementation of major business development opportunities within financial operations and reporting
• Direct the execution and ensure full compliance of Brambles internal control policy and SOX/404 requirements
• Provide effective, timely and relevant training and development opportunities within the Finance Department
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives
• The extent of process improvement, standardization and globalization
• New initiative for process improvement
• Project development and implementation
• Audit issues
• Team effectiveness
• Support CHEP USA, CHEP America, CHEP International, IFCO and IS Global Organization
• ALL R2R processes including intercompany, fixed asset, general accounting, standard and ad hoc reporting
• Ensure compliance of IFRS, US GAAP, other local regulatory reporting requirements
• Responsible to resolve audit issues with Brambles internal auditor and external finance auditor.
• Compliance of accounting and statutory jurisdictions
• Process and progress of standardization and globalization
• Internal and external finance audit management
• Project design and implementation
• Build effective team (including BPO)
• Accounting control governance
• Collaborate and coordinate with all countries to develop road map and priorities for global standardization
• Evaluate and review the effectiveness and efficiency of the new process flows between the BPO and retained organization
• Evaluate and review control point on the critical process within the BPO and the retained organization
• Evaluate and ensure the effectiveness of the open communication channels between the BPO and the retained organization
• Ensure BPO is in compliance of all the Brambles accounting policies and accounting jurisdictions
• Assist and ensure all accounting jurisdiction changes and business process changes are properly implemented in the BPO
• Continue to strategic support to the management team.
• Managers all functions
• Staff all functions
• PWC auditor
• Statutory examiners
• BPO supplier
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance required
• MBA, Master of Accounting or Master of Finance preferred
• CPA or CA highly required
• Minimum of 8 years Accounting/Finance experience with 3-5 years managerial experience in a large corporate accounting department.
• Big 4 Audit experience highly preferred
• Prior SSO or BPO management experience is preferred
• Proficient in USGAAP and functional knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
• SAP/Fixed Asset Module experience preferred; large ERP system will be considered.
• Must be detail oriented, accurate, and organized and have the ability to follow through to resolve problems with minimal supervision
• Strong ledger and finance close experience
• Superior in Microsoft Excel
• Must be a team leader
• Must be highly organized and detailed oriented
• Must have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Strong in multi-tasking and excellent in time management
• Must be able to work overtime as needed to meet Department deadlines
• Previous experience as a member of a systems implementation is preferred
• Excellence in team building.
• Developing Direct Reports & Others
• Building Effective Teams
• Learning on the Fly
• Managing Courage
• Organizational Agility
• Customer Focus
• Priority Setting
• Drive for Results
• Functional/Technical Skills
Come join an extremely successful performance and growth oriented team, we'd love to hear from you. A highly competitive compensation and benefit package including retirement benefits, educational reimbursement, and more is offered in conjunction with an exciting, fast paced work environment. Come help us… Handle the World's Most Important Products. Everyday. http://jobs.chep.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
CHEP issues, collects, conditions and reissues more than 300 million pallets and containers from a global network of service centers, helping manufacturers and growers transport their products to distributors and retailers. Combining superior technology, decades of experience and an unmatched asset base, CHEP handles pallet and container supply chain logistics for customers in the consumer goods, produce, meat, home improvement, beverage, raw materials, petro-chemical and automotive industries.