Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Responsible for fostering a fun environment
- Responsible for being a gracious host to all guests and co-workers
- Responsible for promoting a positive influence in the community and participating in company-sponsored events
- Complete daily audits and associated checklists for the following audits including but not limited to: F&B outlets, gift shop, valet, banquet rooms, complimentary transactions, soft count, cage, table games, Title 31, W-2G, and VLT's.
- Maintain slot accounting system.
- Track and report variances related to the areas in which the audit was performed.
- Track numerically controlled forms as directed.
- Complete Audit Finding Reports on all deviations from procedures and/or IC’s found in daily audits.
- Maintain credit card terminal reports and statements
- Report and maintain daily revenues from all outlets
- Complete Complimentary Allocation
- Process advance payments for Banquet events
- Maintain Micros reports
- Maintain all inventory accounts
- Prepare and submit monthly journal entries
- Assist in maintaining compliance with the Internal Control System
- Perform other projects and duties, as assigned.
- Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements.
- Meet attendance guidelines of the job and adhere to regulatory, department and company policies.
- Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
- Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner.
- Perform any reasonable request made by your supervisor or any management personnel.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must have an outgoing, energetic and enthusiastic attitude
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must enjoy hosting others
- Must be comfortable initiating conversations and creating a fun environment with our guests
- High School diploma or equivalent and at least two years audit or related experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs, and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in vary work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Penn National Gaming owns, operates or has ownership interests in gaming and racing facilities with a focus on slot machine entertainment. The Company presently operates twenty-nine facilities in nineteen jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, West Virginia, and Ontario. In aggregate, Penn National's operated facilities feature approximately 36,800 gaming machines, 850 table games, 2,900 hotel rooms and 1.6 million square feet of gaming floor space.