TigerLead is one of the most heavily-trafficked networks of real estate sites on the web, and we are dedicated to helping home buyers and sellers to connect with the best realtors.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, self driven QA Engineer to work in a startup-like atmosphere within a small but profitable and fast-growing division of Move Inc (located in West Los Angeles), where your contributions will make a direct impact on clients’ success.
Our engineering team is a fun and passionate group, and QA is a core part of it. We are proud of the code we write, the features we ship, and the experience our users have, so we need you to help uphold our quality standards and keep us on our toes.
We do agile development based on Scrum, so an ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders (both verbally and in writing) is essential. For the same reason, experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback is a big plus.
- Take part in meetings with stakeholders when requirements are starting to take form, to help detect issues, spot missing pieces, and start developing testing plans before coding begins.
- Design test cases and scenarios for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- As part of a development workflow, develop and execute test cases, track issues, and provide detailed, specific feedback to the developers.
- Help investigate reported issues and make sure they can be repeated in controlled conditions.
- Become a subject matter expert for several application, and take responsibility for the the quality of the features we deploy.
- Contribute to building and improving automated tests.
Location and Hours
The position is located in our Los Angeles office (at 1554 S. Sepulveda Blvd). Sorry, we cannot consider teleworking for this position at the time. This is a full-time (40 hours per week M-F) position, and we will need your work hours to overlap with 10am-3pm Pacific Time.
- 3+ years of experience with software testing for the web. You do both manual and automated testing, and you routinely test different browser and devices (including mobile devices) to make sure the experience is consistent across platforms.
- Strong experience with Selenium and automated testing.
- A passion for technology, an excellent attention to detail, and an eye for seamless UI/UX. You enjoy finding inconsistencies in features/experience and you take pride in the quality of the features we ship.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience with bug tracking systems (we use JIRA).
- Comfortable working within a Linux/Perl environment (we use CentOS, Apache/Nginx, PostgreSQL, Perl, etc).
- Familiarity with databases and SQL queries.
- Team-first attitude, excellent communication, and interpersonal skills; enjoy collaborating with others.
- A good grasp of source code management fundamentals (we use git and GitHub).
- Some experience with Perl and Ruby. You may not have developed websites, but being able to look at code and understand conditions that trigger different behaviors is very much desired.
- Experience with Photoshop.
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, energy drinks, and more.
- Flexible work hours (with normal core hours of 10am-3pm Pacific Time).
- A dog-friendly environment.
- A prime location just off the 405 in West LA.
Move, Inc. offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment including a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and holidays. What should excite you about Move is not where we are located or which dental plan we offer, but the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing the real estate industry and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an industry that touches everyone’s lives.
Move is an equal opportunity employer.
Not ready to apply?