- Company:Tires Plus
- Base Pay: N/A
- Other Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
- Manage Others:No
- Job Type:Retail
- Required Education:Not Specified
- Required Experience:Not Specified
- Required Travel:Not Specified
- Reference ID:US-16397
- Location: Jacksonville, FL
Entry Level Technician
Tires Plus Total Car Care was launched in 1976 by two Shell Oil colleagues, Tom Gegax and Don Gullett. Tom and Don started with just three Shell service stations in Burnsville, Minnesota.
Despite these humble beginnings, we had a simple, yet ambitious goal from the start: To redefine the entire auto repair industry. Today, (together with our parent company Bridgestone Retail Operations), we have grown into the largest automotive repair center chain in the country.
We are currently hiring for the position of: Entry Level Technician.
Keep reading to see why we at Team Tires Plus are better for you than the competition!
We are the nation’s largest and most advanced automotive service retailer and we’re looking for the very best Lead automotive techs. Our stores are full service shops and our mechanics are the lifeblood of our organization. Our full time technicians enjoy great pay and a full range of benefits including health, dental and vision insurance as well as a 401k match retirement account!
But isn’t the car dealer the best place for top technicians? THINK AGAIN! HERE IS WHY:
Over the last few years, at a time when many dealers were closing their doors, we were experiencing tremendous growth. Our technicians enjoy a very high level of stability because our stores are not dependent on highly cyclical and unstable new car sales. At a time when many dealers were closing or experiencing management shuffle after shuffle, our technicians enjoyed job stability as we continued to open stores and experience increased service sales. We bring more stability, because our business isn’t dependent on the volatility of new car sales! Most dealers simply can’t offer the benefits or job stability that we can. There are quite a few automotive shops hiring today, but our technicians know they can count on us to be here TODAY and TOMORROW.
Why pay out of pocket for your ASE's?
We pay our technician’s ASE test costs AND pay a Bonus for each that they pass! We understand we wouldn’t have any stores if we didn’t employ the very best mechanics in the industry! We take pride in hiring the very best technicians, who are responsible for diagnosing, repairing and performing preventive maintenance on our customer's vehicles. Bridgestone and Tires Plus are the Biggest (fact) and BEST (our humble opinion) automotive team in the WORLD! If you have a winning attitude and would like a long term career with a great company, we are interested in speaking with you.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
- Maintain an organized neat and safe bay.
• A focus towards maintaining a safe work environment and neat bay.
• Ability and desire to learn to diagnose and repair basic systems to become certified in a minimum of 5 areas with a preference for brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling and electrical.
• Change oil and/or transmission fluid and filters.
• Install batteries and checking electrical systems.
• Install and perform tire maintenance.
• Learn to install parts including shock absorbers and exhaust systems.
• Ability to road test vehicles.
- A tech school degree or certificate is a big plus, but not required.
• Any ASE certifications and/or a tech school degree is a big plus, but not required.
• A high level of motivation and energy and strong customer service skills.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Pre-employment drug test/physical/ background check will help assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities.
• We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges to include medical, dental, vision, 401k, cash balance retirement plan and more.
• We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
• One of our strengths is found in our commitment to serve a diverse customer population with diverse teams of teammates.
• Over 100 years of success is an indication of the stability our workforce enjoys.
*Career Keywords: motor, chassis, repair, automotive, mechanic, engine, auto, automotive mechanic, auto tech, ASE, A.S.E., car repair, auto repair, lead technician, master technician, master tech, ase tech, a tech, a technician, Tire Maintenance Technician, A Tech, Tires Plus, Firestone, Bridgestone, automotive technician, automotive careers, www.tiresplus.com/careers, www.tiresplus-bridgestone.icims.com
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC. (BSRO) operates the world’s largest chain of company-owned auto care centers. Through its 2,200 Firestone Complete Auto Care™, Tires Plus™, Hibdon Tires Plus and Wheel Works retail locations across the United States, BSRO owned stores address the needs of today’s consumers.
For customers with a fleet of company-owned vehicles, BSRO operates Firestone Complete Fleet Care which serves the unique needs of company vehicles.
BSRO also serves its customers through their ownership of Credit First National Association (CFNA), which issues private label credit cards for a number of retailers. Headquartered in Bloomingdale, Illinois, BSRO employs nearly 22,000 people and is part of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.
RETAIL SALES TRAINEES | STORE MANAGERS
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.