Intern FLSA Status:
Non-Exempt Position Summary:
Complete a 10-15 week program on Kroger's Energy Team to assist in several areas including lighting, incentives, solar, motors, ENERGY STAR, maintenance and other assigned tasks within Facility Engineering - Energy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others. Essential Job Functions:
- Work with energy engineers and management to assist as needed in various projects to implement corporate strategies.
- Participate in weekly department meetings.
- Complete specific internship assignments, as requested.
- Complete cumulative project (summary of internship accomplishments) and present to Executive Team or appropriate Managers.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Desired Previous Experience:
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and basic engineering tools.
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles
- Ability to think critically, act independently and interdependently
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Be self-motivated and driven to complete tasks at hand
- Excellent time management skills
- Student at an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Proven verbal and written communication skills required
- Responds to change as a positive challenge
- Significant level of multi-tasking required
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Civil Engineer , Mechanical Engineer or Construction Management Student
- Student must be cleared by the Division of Professional Practice to coop
- Experience in a professional work environment
- Managing multiple priorities between school, work, or extra-curricular activities
- Competency in AutoCAD
- Involvement in leadership and community activities
High School Diploma/ GED Required Required Travel:
None Required Certifications/Licenses:
None Position Type:
Intern Technology Skills:
General Office- Cincinnati Posting States:
Ohio Jobs at Kroger:
At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more than 368,000 Associates across 34 states and the District of Columbia. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields. Company Overview
The Kroger Co. is the largest traditional grocer in the country with 82B in revenue and 328,000 associates. The company operates 2,476 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banners including Kroger, Ralphs, Fred Meyer, Food 4 Less, Fry’s, King Soopers, Smith’s, Dillons, QFC and City Market. Kroger associates also serve customers in 779 convenience stores, 393 fine jewelry stores and 737 supermarket fuel centers the Company operates. The Company also operates 41 food processing plants in the U.S.
Headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, The Kroger Co. focuses its charitable efforts on supporting hunger relief, health and wellness initiatives, and local schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves.
Posting Notes: OH || Cincinnati || 1014 Vine Street || 45202 || Kroger General Office || CareerBuilder || Facilities Engineering || Intern || Non-Exempt || Intern ||
- View Other Jobs on the Kroger Talent Network
- Company: The Kroger Co.
- Contact: Not Available
- Location: Cincinnati, OH
- Base Pay: N/A
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Other Great Industries
- Manages Others: Not Specified
- Job Type: Engineering
- Req'd Education: High School
- Req'd Experience: Not Specified
- Req'd Travel: Not Specified
- Reference ID: 10685-en_US
- Relocation Covered: Not Specified
|Not ready to apply?
Kroger, one of the world's largest retailers, employs more than 368,000 associates who serve customers in 2,641 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 34 states and the District of Columbia under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Harris Teeter, Jay C, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 786 convenience stores, 327 fine jewelry stores, 1,218 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 200 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. A leader in supplier diversity, Kroger is a proud member of the Billion Dollar Roundtable and the U.S. Hispanic Chamber's Million Dollar Club.
Kroger is based in Cincinnati, Ohio with 1,352 stores in OH, IN, KY,
VA, TX, GA, MS, LA, AK, MI, MO, IL, TN, SC, NC, WV. Kroger was founded
by Bernard Henry Kroger in 1883 in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kroger pioneered
the first supermarket surrounded on all four sides by parking lots in
We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for
customer service, fairness, respect, openness, leadership and honesty.
Whether you like working with people, numbers, ideas, food or
pharmaceuticals, you can find a match with us. And with stores and
offices in 32 states, we have opportunities for talented individuals
nationwide, whether in a booming metropolis like Atlanta or in a small
town like Martins Ferry, Ohio.
The communities we serve are as diverse as America itself, and that
diversity is reflected in our workforce. One of our greatest strengths
is the diversity of talented employees we attract. In fact, the quality
of our employees and the wide range of talents they bring to our
company give us a strong competitive advantage in the marketplace.
At Kroger, loyalty is a two-way street – to both our customers and our
employees. We offer competitive wages, health insurance, a solid 401(k)
program, flexible hours and generous vacation time. And…more
importantly, we promote from within whenever possible. Our roster
includes leaders who began their careers bagging groceries.
We seek out and welcome employees who are a part of, not apart from,
their communities. Our employees are active participants in the
community, working with schools, churches, and civic organizations. We
treasure teamwork: between us and our employees; our employees and our
customers; and between all of us and our communities.