Company: CHRISTUS Health.
Base Pay: N/A
Other Pay: N/A
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry Type: Healthcare - Health Services
Job Type: Science
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Location: San Antonio, TX
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Become part of a team that serves as the backbone of our entire health care system. As such, you can be assured of enjoying a rewarding career. CHRISTUS Health is dedicated to providing comprehensive care for all patients. We are one of the most respected health care systems in the nation that also offers a wide range of opportunities for individuals interested in non-clinical roles. CHRISTUS Health is committed to supporting the development needs of CHRISTUS leaders and Associates in order to help them realize a greater degree of personal and professional achievement and satisfaction. CHRISTUS is committed to providing a total compensation package to fulfill your health, body, mind, and spiritual needs. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
This position, working under the guidance and supervision of the Laboratory Manager, is responsible for supervising the day to day operations of the Medical Center Laboratory.
Whether your skills lie in patient care or administration and you prefer to work in not-for-profit health care, CHRISTUS Health facilities may have a career opportunity for you. CHRISTUS Health and our facilities are committed to being an equal opportunity employer as part of our on-going mission. It is the policy of CHRISTUS Health not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, orientation, disability, age or national origin.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to providing meaningful benefits for you and your family and to sharing with you the prosperity you help create. We support our health care teams with competitive compensation and an outstanding benefits package.
Medical Health Coverage
Prescription Drug Plan
Group Term Life
Accidental Death & Dismemberment
1. Requires a baccalaureate degree in Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science or Physical Science.
2. Post graduate degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or in management is preferable.
1. Requires a minimum of five (5) years experience as a Medical Technologist, at least two (2) years of supervisory experience, or comparable professional experience in a laboratory management setting.
1. Requires proof of registration as a Medical Technologist by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ACSP) or as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist by the National Certifying Agency (NCA).
1. Requires experience with operating laboratory equipment.
2. Routinely works with the laboratory information system and personal computer software programs to include word processing and spreadsheet and other hospital information systems.
3. Requires knowledge of the principles of Medical Technology and related techniques.
4. Analytical, decision-making, organizational and personnel management skills required.
5. Requires ability to prioritize, organize, perform multiple tasks simultaneously and evaluate own work and that of others. Requires ability to quickly anticipate and adapt to changing or emergency situations, sudden changes in personnel or instrument function; must be able to determine proper procedures or methods and evaluate results and make decisions based on data.
E. WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Walks and sits intermittently
2. Reaches, lifts, carries, stoops, moves light equipment and Laboratory materials
3. Finger dexterity and motor coordination necessary
4. Works in well ventilated, air-conditioned, clean, pleasant surroundings
5. Subject to odor of examined specimens and special chemicals
6. Subject to some hazards from possible infectious agents and sharps, chemical exposure
7. Must have good hand-eye coordination
1. Must be able to deal calmly with others in stressful situations; have the ability to explain technical information to patients and other hospital personnel in an understandable manner; must exhibit a cordial and helpful attitude to all clients by voice tone, mannerisms and message content; must assist in the in the accommodation of client requests.
2. Must be able to achieve and maintain a high degree of accuracy; must be aware of errors caused by improperly functioning equipment and instruments.
3. Must be alert to potential problems concerning personnel and laboratory planning; must be able to make decisions; must be able to coordinate the economical and effective use of time, space and personnel in the various sections; must be able to maintain an impartial, clear, reasoning ability in time of stress concerning staff, physicians, Administration and other hospital related personnel.
G. Must also successfully complete the pre-employment/post job offer health screening examination, and the annual screening each year thereafter as an employee.
Requisition Number: 30012020
DIGNITY - Respect for
the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of
diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor
INTEGRITY - Honesty, justice, and consistency in
EXCELLENCE - High standards of service and
COMPASSION - Service in a spirit of empathy, love,
STEWARDSHIP - Wise and just use of talents and
in a collaborative manner.