RN - Integrative Care Nurse
The UMROI integrative medicine initiative is intended to facilitate achievement of patient outcomes, support continuity of care between acute care, rehabilitation care, chronic care and home care and enhance patient and care giver satisfaction.
In collaboration with the CIM inpatient director, the Integrative Care RN will:
(1) Develop program goals and UM ROI Integrative Care plan.
(2) Identify need for and establishes integrative practice standards within the specific units and patient populations served. Implements the pilot systems and processes to facilitate care and improve outcomes for specific patient groups and their families/caregivers.
(3) Works with Nurse Manager(s) and the CIM Director of Inpatient Services to develop organizational level objectives on an annual basis. Monitors current work plans and achievement of objectives
(4) Takes a leading role in assessing opportunities for innovative integrative clinical pathway development, and in assuring effective implementation within the organization.
(5) Works with Nurse Managers and Senior Clinical Nurses on units to identify, anticipate and resolve issues related to integrative health related patient and family care and integrative pain and stress management (and functional lifestyle recovery).
(6) Acts as a liaison with the administrative support person for the UMROI integrative medicine initiative.
(7) Represents integrative medicine care management by promoting development of unit specific programs within the organization and disseminating outcomes and benefits of these programs
(8) Represents integrative health staff support programming by promoting individual and unit programs of stress management, resilience, relaxation, and self care using non-pharmacologic interventions, group process methods and mind/body modalities and providing staff care services per program guidelines.
(9) Develops and monitors systems to review and discuss quality results and patient feedback, problem solving, and development of plans to improve quality of care and service. Assures follow-up and resolution of issues.
- Serves as clinical leader, role model, and change agent.
- Assumes a lead role in facilitating patient care processes consistent with the mission and values of the University of Maryland Rehabilitation and Orthopaedic Institute (UMROI) and in accordance within the scope of practice, professional, and regulatory standards.
- Acknowledged as a resource within the interdisciplinary patient care services team.
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age, culture, ethnicity, and specific individual diagnostic needs of the patients served in his/her department. He/she must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s specific needs and provide the care needed by the patient group (pediatric, adolescents and/or geriatric patient group, culture and diagnostic specific).
- Consistently expresses and demonstrates compassion and courtesy for patients, families and visitors.
-The RN may employ therapies to increase comfort or relaxation, improve or restore health, improve coping mechanisms, reduce stress, relieve pain and/or increase the client’s sense of well-being.
BSN required, Master's strongly preferred.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute (formerly Kernan Hospital), a committed provider of orthopaedic surgery and the largest inpatient rehabilitation hospital and provider of rehabilitation services in the state of Maryland, has been serving the Baltimore community for over 100 years.
University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute reigns as Maryland's original orthopaedic hospital with a staff that consists of a support team of orthopaedic physician assistants and dedicated nurses in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit and the Medical/Surgical Unit, guaranteeing the highest quality of care in the acute hospital setting. Exemplifying leadership that transforms lives, University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute brings experience, innovation and fast, positive results to our patients.
University of Maryland Rehabilitation & Orthopaedic Institute has been owned by the University of Maryland Medical System since 1986, allowing its patients to access the continuity of care and extensive resources that characterize a university teaching hospital. While maintaining an atmosphere of country peace, it has evolved to offer innovative, interdisciplinary orthopaedic and rehabilitation services for both children and adults.