- Company:Tires Plus
- Base Pay: N/A
- Other Pay:N/A
- Employee Type:Full-Time
- Industry:Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts
- Manage Others:Not Specified
- Job Type:Retail
- Required Education:Not Specified
- Required Experience:Not Specified
- Required Travel:Not Specified
- Reference ID:US-11530
- Location: Kansas City, MO
Automotive Lead Technician / Mechanic
Lead Automotive Technician / Mechanic:
The following available Experienced Mechanic job positions redirect here:
• Master Autmotive Mechanic
• Master Automotive Technician
• Diesel Mechanic
• Experienced Technician / Mechanic with Auto / Automotive Tech School Degree
• Senior / Lead Auto Mechanic
• Lead Vehicle Maintenance Technician
• ASE Certified Technician / Mechanic
In 1976 Tires Plus was founded with a simple, but ambitious goal: To redefine the automotive repair industry. Today, together with our corporate parent Bridgestone Retail Operations, we are part of the largest automotive service center in the country and we're doing just that!
Tires Plus doesn't mean Tires Only! Our automotive / total car care locations are full service shops and our highly qualified automotive service / auto mechanics drive the success our organization. In fact, well over half our our business is service related (as opposed to tire business). With more company owned stores than any other automotive retailer (auto shop) out there, our customers count on us to maintain and repair the key automotive mechanical systems for their cars, SUVs, conventional trucks and diesel trucks. Tires Plus Mechanics / auto technicians service each of the following major vehicle systems:
• Brake System - Disc / Rotor / Brake Pads, Brake Shoes / Drums including wheel cylinder replacement, brake flushes and more
• Steering and Suspension - Shocks, Struts, Upper and Lower Ball Joints, CV Axles, Alignments and more
• Heating / Cooling System - Radiator replacement, coolant flush
• AC / Air Conditioning
• Starting System - Starters, Alternators, Car Batteries
• Engine System - Catalytic Converters, Fuel System Cleaning, Timing Belts, Water Pumps and more
• Preventative Vehicle Maintenance
• Vehicle Manufacture's Suggested Maintenance (Including brakes)
• And More!
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
• We offer over 31 Benefits and Privileges including:
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• 401k with a 50% match up to 6 percent
• $3,000 in FREE automotive tool insurance (tool registration required) with the option to purchase more at an affordable rate
• We pay your ASE / NATEF fees AND pay a Bonus for each that they pass
• Together with Bridgestone Retail Operations we have over 100 years of success in both the tire and auto repair industries
• And much more!
At Tires Plus and Bridgestone Retail Operations, we know that it is only by employing and retaining the top Automotive Mechanics in the car care service industry, that we are able to call ourselves the biggest and best car care provider in the world!
Lead Mechanic / Master Automotive Technician Duties
• Ability to diagnose and repair the following Vehicle Systems:
• Brakes and Hydraulics Systems
• Exhaust Systems
• Primary and/or Advanced Fuel Ignition Systems
• Air Conditioning Systems
• Vehicle Computer Systems
• Electrical System
• And other relevant Vehicle Systems
• Ability to perform suspension work.
• Ability to explain technical automotive vehicle diagnoses and needed repairs to sales teammates and customers on an as-required basis.
• Must be open to continuously learning new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology.
• Must maintain an organized neat and safe bay.
- Must have at least 5+ years of automotive mechanical diagnosis, problem solving and repair experience.
• At least: 1 ASE Certification (from the 8 listed below)
• Preferably: 4 or more ASE Certifications
• A1 Engine Repair
• A2 Automatic Transmission/Transaxle
• A3 Manuel Drive Train & Axles
• A4 Suspension And Steering
• A5 Brakes
• A6 Electrical/Electronic Systems
• A7 Heating & Air Conditioning
• A8 Engine Performance
• A Plus: An Auto Tech Degree from an accredited Automotive Tech School
• Must have: A Valid Driver’s License.
• Required: A Pre-employment drug test, physical and background check to assure we build teams of people who can best work with others and serve customer needs.
If you meet the qualifications listed above, possess a can do attitude and have a desire to progress in your career with the automotive service industry leader who puts their mechanics / auto technicians first, please apply today!
We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
•Career Keywords: motor, chassis, repair, automotive, mechanic, engine, auto, diesel mechanic, automotive mechanic, auto tech, ASE, A.S.E., car repair, auto repair, lead technician, master technician, master tech, ase tech, a tech, a technician, Tire Maintenance Technician, A Tech, Tires Plus, Firestone, Bridgestone, automotive technician, automotive careers, www.tiresplus.com/careers, www.tiresplus-bridgestone.icims.com
Bridgestone Retail Operations, LLC. (BSRO) operates the world’s largest chain of company-owned auto care centers. Through its 2,200 Firestone Complete Auto Care™, Tires Plus™, Hibdon Tires Plus and Wheel Works retail locations across the United States, BSRO owned stores address the needs of today’s consumers.
For customers with a fleet of company-owned vehicles, BSRO operates Firestone Complete Fleet Care which serves the unique needs of company vehicles.
BSRO also serves its customers through their ownership of Credit First National Association (CFNA), which issues private label credit cards for a number of retailers. Headquartered in Bloomingdale, Illinois, BSRO employs nearly 22,000 people and is part of the Bridgestone Americas family of companies.
RETAIL SALES TRAINEES | STORE MANAGERS
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.