UPS, Inc. | San Francisco, CA | Posted 10/8/2014
Candidate will possess personal knowledge and skills to perform preventative maintenance on UPS Package Delivery Vehicles. Will properly diagnose and perform necessary repairs to gas and diesel-powered engines, hydraulic and air brake systems, and electrical systems. Candidate must be willing to work the 2nd or 3rd shift. Schedules include Monday through Friday and Sunday through Thursday, and Tuesday through Saturday. An attractive pay and benefits package is offered. Uniforms are provided. Candidate must posses all personal tools required to perform the job and will be required to appropriate necessary hand tools as required by job assignment.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Current documented automotive mechanic experience
- Experience using diagnostic equipment, scan tools and personal computer
- Possess a full compliment of personal hand tools
- Meet D.O.T requirements
- Bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb ladders and stairs, stand, walk, and turn/pivot frequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Full time: 8-10 hours per day, 4-5 days per 7-day week
- Report to work on a regular and timely basis and complete the scheduled workday on a consistent basis
- Ability to work varying shifts, additional hours and/or overtime depending on service needs
- Sitting required infrequently throughout the duration of the workday
- Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment and/or packages weighing up to 70 pounds
- Assist in moving packages or equipment up to 150 pounds
- Simple hand grasping, power hand grasping, fine hand manipulation, reaching from foot level to above shoulder level as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Operate standard/manual transmission
- Operate power, pneumatic tools
- Required to wear personal protective equipment
- Must meet all requirements to be Power Industrial Truck Operations (PITO) certified
- Work in an environment with: variable temperatures and humidity (climatic conditions), exposure to cleaning materials, petroleum products, dust, dirt, and noise, outside inclement weather
- Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
- Have a sufficient ability to communicate, through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
Not ready to apply?
Living your dreams makes the world work better.
Making the world work better. Faster. Smarter. As the leading package delivery company and global leader in supply chain solutions, we’re passionate about bringing better ways to orchestrate everything from complex international distribution networks to local business deliveries. That’s logistics. And that’s exactly what careers at UPS are all about.
Across the skies, oceans and borders, UPS team members deliver on that promise for billions of customers every day. We offer limitless opportunities in a huge range of career areas, so you’re sure to find roles that suit your dreams and your expertise, along with a lifetime of possibilities.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.